Chapter Twenty-Six

He is my son, Not yours. Mine.

Three months later.

Hayat's pov

It has been almost four months since being married to Aayan and I wouldn't complain as I knew what being married to him would be like.

He had already told me what to expect from him.

We share a bed just like roommates do, we pray almost every prayer together.

Alhamdulillah for that.

And I still wear my hijab around him. It's weird because he is now my husband who can see my hair but I am not sure if I am his wife or someone he needed to keep him company while he still mourns for his late wife.

He had introduced me to Farwa who I liked the first time we met. She has a daughter who is in high school and almost graduating.

Today is the first day that I will be going back to work as I took a leave of absence for a month to get to know the schedule of being married.

I was leaving Azaan as he would be taken to a different school by his father.

"Azaan it is time to wake up, my prince", I wake him up well try to. " I made chocolate chips pancakes for you", I added knowing that was his weakness.

"I am up, mamma", he tells me rubbing his eyes and trying to stay awake.

Whenever he calls me Mamma, I could feel my heart beating faster than normal. But I didn't want Aayan to think that I will be taking his mother's place.

After finishing bathing him, and getting him dressed. I told him to stay for a minute so that I could make him the chocolate chip pancakes.

I went to the kitchen and got everything to make the pancakes but what I didn't know was that Azaan was making a mess and creating mischief.

After finishing preparing the pancakes, I went to take them to him but what I saw was Azaan on the floor with mud all over him and his clothes.

" Azaan, what happened?", I asked him as I kneeled to face him.

He kept quiet and didn't say anything to me. I held his hand and pulled him towards me to ask him again when Aayan walked in thinking of the worse of me.

"What are you doing?", he says looking at me. I knew the question was directed at me and not at Azaan.

I opened my mouth to explain when Azaan ran to his father who took him to his room while glaring at me.

Ya Allah, what do I do?

Aayan comes back without Azaan, he then grabbed my hand and pulled me to the room.

"What happened? I want to know what you did to my son, that he is scared of you. Did you hit him? Did you?", he started shaking me. All I could do was stammer.

" I...I didn't do anything to him. I promise you. I would never hurt my son...."

He interrupted me by putting his hand up to stop me from finishing what I was saying.

"He is mine. My son, mine. Not yours. Do you understand?", he tells me angrily. " Next don't you repeat that he is your son? He isn't yours", he added.

He glared at me before leaving the room and banging on the door.

I could feel tears in my tears but I couldn't let them come out.

I looked at the time to see if it was time to get to work.

Alhamdulillah

I could never hurt Azaan because I love him as my son.