Chapter Seventeen.

The Meeting Between Aayan and Hayat's Father.

Aayan's Pov

Sometimes you have to do what is right even if the other person doesn't want to. Hayat needed her father to know what was going on in his daughter's life.

I decided to go and see Hayat's father even though she didn't want me to go. I had to do it because my consciousness was bothering me.

If someone can help a person in bad times, they should even if they might get angry at you. What matters is that you have helped them no matter what.

I knew where his office was so I drove there hoping to see him before he left to go home. I parked the car and walked into the building with Hayat's medical file in my hand.

Ya Allah, I hope what I am doing is right.

"I am here to see Mr. Ahmed Ali. Tell him it's his son-in-law", I tell the receptionist who was eying me from top to bottom.

She then cleared her throat and asked me to go to the 40th floor.

I took a deep breath when I walked into the elevator trying to calm myself down.

When it stopped, I got out and went straight to his office. I gently knocked on the door and when I heard him say to come in.

" Asalam Aleikum", I greeted him as I walked in.

"Waleikum salaam, come and take a seat. Please", he replies to me. " When the receptionist told me that my son-in-law was coming to see me. I was more shocked than surprised because I know that my daughter won't get married without me by her side", he chuckled while shaking his head.

"I am sorry, Sir. But it was the only way that I could come and see you...."

"I know and I understand you, my son. So what can I do for you?", he asked me.

"First, my name is Aayan Muhsin. And I came here to talk to you about Hayat and what has been happening at your house. But first I need you to stay calm because what I am about to explain to you isn't something that any parent would want to hear", I tell him. I then explained to him, how I knew his daughter and how I saw her stepmother abusing her.

At the end of my explanation, I could see tears falling down his face.

"Why didn't she tell me anything? Is she alright now?", he asks.

"Yes, she is Alhamdullilah. I brought the medical file with me. Here you can read this to know more", I tell him handing him the file.

"Thank you for what you did, my son. As a father, I am ashamed of what is happening in my own home, and to my daughter. Maybe she doesn't trust me....."

"That's no it, Sir. It is because she doesn't want to be a burden to you with any type of problem. She thinks she could change her stepmother and her stepsister to be good. I know that she might get angry at me for doing this but I must do it because she took care of my son even though she didn't know who he was. And one more thing, Sir you didn't fail as a father because she is a great person with great values", I interrupted him.

"It's all her mother's doing, Aayan. She was very close to her. Even if she was sick and couldn't move she didn't stop praying just like her mother. Thank you for telling me everything. I hope your parents are proud of you as I am", he tells me.

It was time for both of us to leave for our homes. We parted ways at the entrance of the building.

My heart was at ease with what I did for Hayat.