Chapter Forty-Four.

A New Addition To The Malik Family.

Saira Malik.

Hayat's Pov.

Having a husband and son who are overprotective because you are near your due month. I don't blame them but sometimes I want to be by myself. Even if it is just for a while but both father nor son don't know that.

"Mamma, do you need anything?", my beloved son asks me when I told him that I don't need anything.

He has asked me that question more than 100th times.

"I am fine, my prince", I tell him.

He had just celebrated his sixth birthday a month ago and now he is acting like a man of the house when his father is at work.

"Azaan is there something you want to tell me?", I ask him.

A mother knows what is wrong with her children. Azaan is my son no matter what people say.

"Mamma, there's a boy in my class. He is taunting me by telling me that you arent really my mother....."

He explains with tears in his eyes.

"My prince. I am your mother even though I didn't give birth to you. You are my son. And as for the boy, he needs to realize that words like that hurt more than any type of weapon. Your baba and I love you so much, my prince", I tell him wiping his tears.

I knew that I needed to go to his school because this can't go on.

But what I didn't know was that Aayan heard what I said as he was standing at the doorway of our room.

I could see the expression on his face when I said those words to Azaan. I immediately knew that he was thinking of the time he hurt me.

I already forgave him for that. I knew why he said what he said to me.

After Azaan left to go do his homework, I got up from the bed and walked into Aayan's study. I knocked on the door and opened it after hearing him say to come in.

I walked into the office.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?", he asks me standing up and taking my hand leading me to take a seat on the couch.

"Like father, like son. No nothing is wrong. I promise you", I tell him.

"Alhamdullilah, that's good then".

"Is something bothering you?", I ask him holding his hand with mine. "I saw your expression while I was talking to Azaan", I added when I knew that he wanted to deny it.

"I am sorry Hayat. I know that apologizing for what I did isn't......"

"Aayan, stop hurting yourself with the past. That's what it is. The past. Besides, I have already forgiven you and you should try and forgive yourself", I tell him smiling.

Aayan's Pov.

"Aayan, stop hurting yourself with the past. That's what it is. The past. Besides, I have already forgiven you and you should try and forgive yourself", she tells me smiling.

I hurt her with the words I said and she forgave me when I don't even know if I deserve her forgiveness.

Alhamdullilah for her.

We talked about Azaan and one of us should go to the school and talk to the principal. It isn't good for kids to tell their classmates.

I could see Hayat was trying not to fall asleep on my shoulder but she was failing.

I picked her up in my arms and carried her to our bedroom so that she could rest.

The doctor told us that Hayat will need a lot of rest as it was nearly her due month. I put her down on our bed and covered her with the blanket.

We didn't want to tell Azaan that they are two babies instead of one.

Because we wanted to surprise him.

Ya Allah, make my family's dreams come true. Especially our son's.

When we found out about it, it was the day that will be memorable for the rest of our lives.

Those are my wife's words.

Why?

Because I fainted when the doctor told us that we are expecting twins. Knowing Hayat, she might as well have taken a video of me.

My Hayat.

I walked back to the study to finish some pending work when my phone rang.

It was Zahir calling.

"Asalam Aleikum, how are you doing?", I ask him.

"Waleikum salaam, good alhamdullilah. We are at the hospital. It seems that the baby is in a hurry to be born. Sameera is already in the delivery room and I will be joining her in a while. I just wanted to tell you that you are going to be an uncle", he says with happiness in his voice.

Sameera and Zahir struggled because their families didn't want them to get married. Because they wanted them to establish their careers first but Alhamdullilah to Hayat who became a mediator for both of them.

Better to be in a halaal relationship than a haram one.

"Congratulations brother. I am so happy for you. I will let Hayat know and we will be there in the morning. In shaa Allah.," I tell him.

I looked at the clock in my study, it was nearly 10 pm. I couldn't tell Hayat anything until morning.

"I understand. Take care of her and will call you later. In shaa Allah", he tells me.

We hung up and I left my study to check up on Azaan. I found him in bed saying his duas.

He knows that his mamma is sleeping because the three of us pray together and say our duas together.

"Baba, can I sleep beside mamma?", he asks after finishing his prayers.

"Yes, sure. Let's go", I tell him.

We walked to my room and Azaan climbed into the bed to sleep near Hayat.

She pulled him in her arms even though he wasn't really in her arms.

"Goodnight my prince".

She says kissing his forehead and making him smile.

As I was about to put my phone in the bedside drawer when Zahir sent me a message saying that Sameera has given birth to a baby girl.

I sent him a congratulatory message and kept the phone aside. I moved closer to my wife and son.

Happiness can come in many forms like having a baby or even getting married but always remember that the people you let in your life are the ones who determine whether they are good enough to stay in your life or not.