Chapter Thirty-Four

Who Is Behind Hayat's Accident?

Revelations.

Aayan's Pov.

It has been a few days since I found out who was behind my wife's accident and I haven't been able to get that out of my mind.

It couldn't be real, just a dream. How could they do this, especially to someone like her?

Someone who hasn't done anything to them even when they did to her.

"Aayan, are you alright?", Hayat asks me while we were playing with Azaan.

"I am fine, Habibty. Alhamdullilah. You don't need to worry about me", I lied to her because I couldn't find it in my heart to tell her who is responsible for what had happened to her.

"Aayan, Hayat. Someone is here to see you. She says she is family", Farwa tells us.

I looked at Hayat who looked at me wondering who they were. Because Zahir and Sameera would just come in without Farwa telling us and that goes for our parents too.

"You can let them in, Farwa. And please prepare some snack for them. Shukran", Hayat tells her as she continues playing with Azaan.

Farwa nods and walks away to let that person inside. The person who walked in was her stepmother Maryam. She was all smiles but I knew what her intention was.

"Asalam Aleikum, Hayat, Aayan. How are you doing?", she greets us.

I didn't even reply but Hayat did.

"Waleikum salaam. We are fine Alhamdullilah", Hayat answers her.

"I came to visit and spend time with you guys. If that's alright with the both of you", she says smiling but I knew that her smile wasn't a real one.

I clenched my hands feeling the anger I have for her coming out but it didn't.

Why?

Because Hayat put her hand on mine and squeezed it making me calm.

If it wasn't for my wife, I would have kicked her out.

"Its okay. Would you like something to drink?", Hayat asks her as Farwa brought some juice and snack for her.

I didn't want to seem disrespectful to her thats why I am keeping quiet. I didn't want her here in the house or even near my family but if I needed to find more evidence I have to keep my differences aside just for the safety of my family.

Hayat's Pov.

I don't know what is wrong with Aayan. He changed as soon as he saw Maryam walking in. He is acting differently toward her and I need to know why.

I could feel the anger radiating from him from the way he is looking at her. I moved closer to him to calm him down.

"Thank you, Hayat", Maryam says taking a snack from the table.

What is wrong with my husband? Seeing him angry isn't normal. I know that Maryam has abused me a lot but she can't do that anymore as I don't live there anymore.

"Azaan, how are you?", Maryam asks Azaan who was clinging to me.

He quickly moved towards Aayan who held him in his arms.

"I am sorry, he is just shy", I apologize on Azaan's behalf.

We then talked about random things while Aayan didn't even move an inch. I knew that he had an important meeting through video but he stayed, why?