Chapter Twenty

Good News Or Best News.

Hayat's pov.

Happiness comes from inside you that's what true happiness is. Just like a smile, we give ourselves and others will receive it.

After hearing our answers our parents were ecstatic about us being together. But I could feel that Aayan wasn't quite ready to let go of his late wife who was Azaan's mother.

I could not blame him.

I understood that this is a big step for him and me too especially since Jameela warned me about her mother's plans.

I didn't want to believe her but she seemed sincere about it. Today is the day my best friend comes back from her long honeymoon.

I missed her even though we would talk almost every day and text each other. Sometimes it is better to talk to someone face to face rather than on the phone.

I pray that Jameela's intentions are pure and not as evil as Maryam's.

I know, Allah says we can't judge people for who they are but I can't help it because all my life I have been trying my very best to make things work for them and me as well.

"Ms. The school receptionist gave this to give it to you. Someone dropped it off at the office for you", a young man says while handing me an envelope that had my name on it.

Before I could ask who it is from, he walked away. I looked at it and went to my class. I took a seat and started opening the letter.

It wasn't just a letter but a drawing made by Azaan to me as he has accepted me as his mother.

The drawing was beautiful Ma Shaa Allah. It was a house with four people outside. Two girls and two boys.

A family.

But who was the other girl?

I kept the picture aside and came across writing that says ;

"Alhamdullilah, you are my mamma".

But I knew it wasn't written by Azaan but by his father Aayan. It was time for the kids to come back from having their break. I kept away the drawing in my bag with the letter.

It's great news that Azaan has accepted me because not every child is ready for their parents to marry someone who is their mum or even their father.

Alhamdullilah.

But I still need to tell my best friend and also to talk to Azaan so that I can explain that I will not take his late mother's place as she is and will always be his mother.

I can't help but smile because I will be able to see him every day and Aayan too.

Aayan's Pov.

Hayat said yes to the proposal but I also know that she will want to talk to Azaan before anything else happen. I am grateful to mum as she found the perfect woman for and a good mother for my son.

The only remaining thing is to tell Zahir about it and also investigate Maryam and Jameela's plan.

Trusting people is like giving them a gun to shoot you at any given time without you knowing about it.

I can understand where Hayat is coming from but people like that can take advantage of her kindness and also her selflessness to be good to others even if they aren't to her.

One step at a time, right?

When Azaan asked me to give a drawing to her but he didn't want me to see it. He then asks me to write some words for him to her.

My son has never done this to anyone, not even my parents who are his grandparents, or even his uncle Zahir.

After finishing the task, I dropped it off at her school on my way to work. I wanted to see her reaction but I was getting late for a very important meeting.

"Maybe she is the one to make me come out of whatever is holding me back from being a good Muslim. Ya Allah, Forgive me as I was being astray all these years. I will try to get on right path. In shaa Allah".

Anyone can be influenced whether to the good side or even the bad side. But if the person doesn't want that then no one can influence them to be bad.