Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Arresting Maryam.

Aayan's Pov.

When everything was set to arrest Maryam, all I could think of was how Hayat's father is. So I decided to ask him to join us on a family vacation at our beach house.

Alhamdullilah is big enough to accommodate almost twelve people. But before this, it was time for justice to be served.

I have already told Zain to get the papers to arrest Maryam and it is going to happen today. Hayat and I decided that Azaan shouldn't come with us to go and see Dad because it might turn worse.

"Hey, don't worry everything will be fine, In shaa Allah, I tell Hayat who looked nervous as we arrived at the house.

Dad has already been informed of what will happen and he was prepared for the outcome such as drawing up his divorce papers.

Even though she deserves it, the ones who will suffer are Hayat, Dad, and Jameela for all the mistakes she did.

Jameela will be the one enduring all of her mother's mistakes all her life. A child shouldn't have to deal with her parents' mistakes when they know nothing about them.

"They are here", I tell her when I park the car. I could see Zain's car along with Dad's.

They were already waiting for us to arrive so that we could go into the house together.

Ya Allah, guide us to the right path. If this is the right path show us.

We took a deep breath and walked out of the car. Zain nods at us while his partner was talking on the phone with someone.

We all walked into the house after Dad let us in. He then called Maryam to come down.

When she saw us, she immediately knew that something was wrong.

"Yes what is the matter? I am here", she says arrogantly.

Zain's partner handed her a warrant of her arrest plus the divorce papers that dad already signed.

"Whats the meaning of this?", she asks looking at the papers.

"You lies coming out to the light. These are your sins, the ones you did to me. Didn't you think that we won't find out? I have one question before they take you away", Hayat tells her. "Why did you do all that? Wasn't it enough that I didn't do anything to you yet you continued with the abuse and now you want to murder me. Why?", she added.

I could see unshed tears in both dad and her eyes. Maryam was the mother she knew through her teen years. The mother she thought would be her best friend became someone like a monster to her.

Hayat's Pov.

I know that I won't get an answer from her because when someone is jealous they don't even have a valid answer to your questions.

All I got was a smirk from her. Aayan pulled me into his arms holding me tightly. I know that he is my anchor, one of the people who won't let me down no matter what.

Alhamdullilah.

Zain began reading her rights while she signed the papers that Dad gave her. I could see how sad and distraught he is.

He wanted a companion but all he got was someone that wanted his money.

I walked to him and hugged him knowing that he needed the hug.

"I am sorry, dad. I had prayed that what I knew was a lie but Allah knows best. I didn't want this happen to you", I tell him as tears fell down my face.

He took his hands and wiped the tears with them.

"No, don't ever say that you are sorry. It isn't your fault, Hayat. Sometimes things don't work out because Allah knew that the person isn't a good person. So He interferes in His own way to make us realize who we need in our lives", he tells me looking at Aayan who was clenching his hands trying to control his anger towards Maryam.

I remembered the day he saved me. I didn't know that he would be my knight and shining armor.

"Thank you, dad for being the best father that any daughter could wish for", I tell him.

After Maryam was taken to the police car, Zain shook Dad and Aayan's hands before leaving the house.

"Aayan, take care of my Hayat. She is my world. Now, that I don't have anyone...."

"What about me, dad?", a voice said interrupting him. We all turned to see who it was.

Jameela with her husband Waleed.

She ran towards Dad and hugged him while crying in his arms. Jameela was raised by my dad, she is a year younger than me.

The only father she has ever known was my dad.

I looked at Aayan who shook his head. He knew what I was about to ask.

It only means that someone told her about what was happening today. She then turned to me and hugged me.

"I am sorry", she says repeating it over and over again. "No one told me that it was happening today. I saw mum outside shouting at the officers and I tried to approach her but all I got was abuse and curses from her", she added.

"Shh, it isn't your fault. I already forgave you beside, I didn't want you know because I didn't want to stress my niece/nephew", I tell wiping her tears.

"Dad, today is a start of a new day. A new beginning without anyone trying to interefere in our lives. Besides, we have a new addition soon, In shaa Allah", I added smiling at Dad who smiled back.

He nodded and called Waleed over to sit next to him.

"You are also part of this family, my son. You can also call me dad, if you want", Dad tells him smiling.

Maryam tried to ruin the happiness and the love of our family but one thing she didn't know was that whatever she did brought us together. Stronger and more united than ever.

"Thank you, dad", Waleed says smiling.

Alhamdullilah, for my sister, for my dad, for my husband, for my friends, and especially for Azaan.

Some say forgiveness is earned but no it isn't. You forgive because it is the right thing to do. Forgive but don't forget as a leopard doesn't change its spots.