Chapter Forty-One.

Cravings Aayan's Style.

Hayat's Pov.

After the test, I had taken due to Sameera's persuasion, the next day we had to go to the doctor to get the check-up needed.

The doctor had already confirmed that I am pregnant and I am about one month into the pregnancy.

Azaan was ecstatic that he gets to be a big brother while his father was getting too obsessed with my food intake.

In the coming days, Aayan has been getting on my nerves by telling me what to eat.

One night when I made dinner, he switched my dinner with something 'Healthier '.

I wonder what is going on in his head when he tells me to eat a smoothie made of greens. He told me that it will be good for me.

Do I look like a goat? No, I don't.

"Aayan I am not drinking that. Why don't you drink it yourself? Besides, I was perfectly fine with my food which you had taken away", I tell him pointing at the huge glass that was in front of me. "No I am not going to argue with you", I added getting up from the chair and starting walking towards the kitchen to get myself some real food.

I found Farwa trying to hold her laughter in the kitchen holding a plate of food.

"Here, Hayat," she tells me giving me the plate of food. I thanked her and walked back to the table and took a seat.

I looked at Aayan to see what he was doing. He was sitting while pouting.

I thought women were supposed to have mixed emotions when they are pregnant. But apparently, men have them too.

I got up and took the plate and walked to where Aayan was. I then took a seat beside him.

"What's wrong?", I asked my husband. He looked at me shaking his head.

I then placed my hands on each side of his face and make him look at me.

"I am sorry for saying all those words but I don't want to drink that. It looks like vomit AstagfiruAllah," I tell him trying not to laugh.

"You didn't do anything, Hayat. I am trying to be there for you in this. But I guess I am not good at it...."

"You don't need to do anything. As long as I have you and our children I am happy Alhamdullilah. What I need is you and not you trying to make me eat things like that", I tell him pointing at the huge glass that was in front of me. "Besides, the cravings haven't even started yet. You will get the time to make food for me. Who knows maybe I might eat what you give me", I added making him smile.

"Okay. You are right. This is gross", he says pointing at the drink.

"Then why did you make it?", I ask him.

"I read somewhere that pregnant women drink these types of drinks but they were wrong", he tells me.

Aayan's Pov

I will have to remind myself not to make this type of drink ever again.

Why?

Because whoever wrote that pregnant women like this they were very wrong.

Alhamdullilah Hayat knew what to say because if it was someone else they would have thrown a tantrum about the drink but not Hayat.

Note to self never make that ever again for anyone.