A Little Bit Of Trouble

Author's Note: Oh no, Red Panda is in trouble...What will reader-chan do with her new powers? Oh, and the Akatsuki and all that good stuff, we're also finally back on the canon timeline. I'm going to change a lot of stuff for plot convenience, so sorry if y'alls were expecting the normal stuff, enjoy!

Edited by Author: Seena.

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up, stretching my hands and rubbing my eyes. I did my morning routine, eating breakfast right after. As I walked down the streets of Konoha, I saw a flash of yellow flying past me, it was Naruto. I instantly called out to the blond, gaining his attention.

"(Y/n)? Granny Tsunade is calling for us, dattebayo! She said it was an emergency, c'mon!" Naruto grabbed my hand, dragging me along with him.

What could she want Shadow?

I am not sure, but it must be related to the ruckus in the village hidden in the sand. Their leader has been captured.

Red Panda? Are we supposed to save him?

That, I do not know of, but it is best if you prepare. We might be sent to retrieve him from the Akatsuki.

Yes Shadow, I will be ready.

After my conversation with the dragon, I blinked in surprise as we were already in the hokage's office. Naruto really has improved. I turned around to see team Gai along with Temari, so it must be related to Gaara...

I started to worry, thoughts overwhelming me, what if Gaara is already dead? Why does the Akatsuki wnat him? Is it because of Shukaku? Are they going to extract Shukaku from Gaara? He's going to die! He's not an Uzumaki! Gaara will not have enough strength!

Calm down (Y/n), I still sense his presence, the sand nin is still alive but that may not be true if we are too late, listen to the hokage.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as I paid attention now.

"I am expecting you to bring the Kazekage back, hopefully he isn't dead once you bring him back. Sunagakure needs our help, I expect you to fulfill this task. Good luck." Tsunade said, she looked distraught.

You know what we need to do Shadow.

We must save him, but fist, we must see his injured brother. He might have the information we need. Do not be impatient.

Agreed.

"(Y/n), you were silent this entire time, what are you thinking?" Sakura asked, looking at me, she was concerned.

"I'm fine, we need to hurry, I can feel his presence slowly fade." A flash of worry filled my (e/c) eyes.

"You could feel his presence? But he's so far away!" Naruto seemed to be in shock, his jaws dropping to the floor.

"Could you tack him?" Kakashi inquired, could I?

"I don't know where he is exactly but I have a faint feel of where he might be. We have to hurry, his presence...it's growing weaker the longer we talk." I didn't give a chance for anyone to say anything, I hurriedly dashed to Sunagakure to find Kankuro, we need information, and we need it now.

Time skip~

"The Akatsuki are near by." Kankuro coughed, he was still a bit woozy because of the after affects of the poison.

"Then we need to hurry, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed, looking ready to beat people up.

"Not so fast, Naruto." Kakashi held the blond back from rushing away.