Reviving The Dead

Two months after the Kage Summit~

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked at Tsunade, a worried look on my face, Naruto and the other jinchuriki were being sent to Genbu, or Turtle Island. To be honest, I didn't think it was a good choice. If I were Tsunade, I'd allow Naruto to be in the front lines. Yes, it may be reckless having him there, but as long as I stood beside him, everything would be fine and dandy.

"Looks like it's time to revive Shisui and Itachi," I teleported to the crystal caves that held the body of the two 'dead' shinobi.

I eyed their crystalized bodies. The crystal had melted into a clear gooey liquid when I had placed my hand on it. "Itachi Uchiha, rise from the dead, head your calling." I said, my voice demanding.

The once lifeless body of the ravenette twitched, his dark orbs opening, brimming with life. The moment Itachi had regained his composure he got into a fighting stance. I shook my head disapprovingly, raising both my hands to show that I didn't bring any weapons with me.

"Who are you?" Itachi questioned, still wary of me.

"That's a question for another time. Right now, the villages are preparing for a war. I brought you back to life in order to aid Konoha." I quickly explained.

Itachi looked at me, his eyes wide with shock, "A war? How did it even start? Don't tell me...Madara?"

"Your brother is responsible for it. No matter what I told him, he wouldn't listen to me. In regards to Madara, I'm sure he has influenced Sasuke somehow."

He turned around to observe his surroundings, only to be shocked once again when his eyes landed on his friend, Shisui Uchiha. Itachi took a step back, mouth agape. He was visibly trembling. Is he scared? Why is he scared? Isn't Shisui supposed to be his friend?

"I'm planning to bring him back to life just like you," I said.

"You shouldn't do that. Shisui, he killed himself for a reason. If you bring him back to life, he would have to suffer again!" Itachi complained, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes, he killed himself, but I'm sure after the years he's spent in the Void, he'd be willing to help us," I shrugged, pressing my hand against the crystal.

"Shisui Uchiha, rise from the dead, head your calling," I quietly murmured.

Instead of what happened to Itachi, Shisui's body along with the clear liquid that had surrounded him began to disintegrate, I'm too late, aren't I? I clenched my hand in disappointment, so I was preserving his body this whole time for nothing? The days that I spent using my chakra just to preserve his body...was useless?

You do remember the rule that I once told you, right?

Yeah, that one. When someone has lost their will to live and fight, they cannot be brought back from the dead. I knew Shisui killed himself, but I thought spending some time in the Void would have let him think over his actions and choose to live.

There's nothing we could do, we just have to respect his wishes.

You're right, I shouldn't have went that far. To bring back a man that killed himself...how selfish.

"I guess you were right, he doesn't want to live," I stared at the empty space that was previously occupied by Shisui's body, and to think I would have killed myself if Obito hadn't stepped in. I am truly lucky to have such amazing friends.

"What happened to Shisui? What did you do?" Itachi asked, his voice calm, but his eyes told a different story. Just by mannerisms alone, I could tell that Itachi is extremely angry.