Rebuilding

(Y/n)'s POV

"What happened...?" I muttered, quickly entering Konoha only to see the horrible state it was in, oh god, no.

"It must have been that..." Minato mumbled, looking around in worry.

"What do you mean?" I turned around to face the blond.

"Naruto, he was about to release the nine-tails and...I think he did it for the sake of Konoha. I was able to stop him from doing so but it seems that Konoha's destruction was inevitable," the fourth hokage explained, that clarifies a lot of things.

"Okay...we've got a lot to work with. Minato, you go search for your son, I'll make sure everyone in the village is okay; especially Lady Tsunade, I can sense her chakra but it is weak," Minato nodded his head in agreement as he searched for his son while I, Tsunade.

I spotted the ash blond not too far away, she was knocked out, she must have overexerted herself.

Now that we are sure that Tsunade is still alive, we must find Sasori and Deidara.

Alright, and with that, I started searching for the duo. After minutes of frantic searching, I finally found the them knocked out of exhaustion and minimal wounds, that is good, I wouldn't have to treat them. I placed my hands on both their shoulders, teleporting them to my house which was surprisingly not destroyed during the attack, thank kami I learned that protection seal.

With Deidara and Sasori sorted out, it was now time to look for Kakashi. I spotted the silverette a few meters away, he was waking up from an unconscious state, no, he didn't wake up from an unconscious state, he was dead. I felt dread take over me, Kakashi wouldn't have to have died if I arrived here earlier.

I shook my head, I made a promise to myself and Shadow that I would not feel guilty if anything were to happen to Konoha and its people while I am away and that's that, nothing more. I approached Kakashi, the jounin was surprised when he spotted me, I bet he wasn't expecting me to be back so early.

"(Y/n)," Kakashi stated, walking towards me slowly as he was trying to steady himself.

"Don't tire yourself out, you were literally just brought back to life," my statement surprised Kakashi yet again.

"How do you know?" he asked, feeling very puzzled.

"Your chakra signatures, they had disappeared for a while and to say that it really worried me is an understatement. Don't do that again, I swear I will have white hair by the day I turn 18 and I'd probably be dead at 24 because of you all," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose to relieve the headache I was currently experiencing.

"C'mon (Y/n), don't say that, I know you love us deep down," Kakashi teased, slightly smirking as he did so.

"Yes I do and I hate myself for it," I growled out in frustration.

"Wow, that hurt," Kakashi clutched his chest as if he were dying, why does he have to be so overdramatic?

"It was supposed to," I flicked the silverette in the forehead, turning around as I noticed the sound of familiar footsteps.

I felt pride arise in me as Minato brought a limping Naruto back, he has defeated Nagato, I am sure of it. Everyone in the village started to cheer for the blond boy, unaware that they were making his wounds worse. I slipped through the crowd, slowly making my way towards Naruto. Once I was right in front of him, it was as if the world had paused briefly; time was still.

"(Y/n)..." Naruto mumbled in shock, his big blue eyes wide from disbelief.

"Naruto, it's good to see you again you dummy," I was too relieved to get angry at Naruto for his rash decisions, immediately melting into the expected embrace with open arms.