Epilogue

(Y/n)'s POV

A soft yellow light reflected on the surface of bed sheets. The sound of birds chirping and crickets creaking could be heard within the almost empty room. The sound of an unusually loud caw managed to jolt me awake. I let out a stifled yawn as I rubbed my eyes.

It had two months since the incident and Konoha had been fully restored thanks to our grueling efforts. My eyes hovered over the clock that was put beside me, it was five in the morning. A small smile made its way onto my face, old habits die hard, don't they?

For the past two months, everything felt so....how do I put it? Surreal? With the fate of Madara and Sasuke decided, all feelings of stress I had previously felt was washed away. With everything being as peaceful as it is, I often times felt fidgety and bursting with energy.

Months ago, days quickly passed. Everything was fast. It was like I barely had time for anything. Hours used to feel like seconds; I was always panicky and ready for action whenever I was needed. Now, it was the complete opposite. Hours felt like centuries, but not that I'm complaining.

It's refreshing to me to take things easily with no consequences to hold me back from making decisions. A small smile slipped onto my face as I aimlessly stared out the window. Soon, the smile turned into a frown. Ever since the war, a feeling of loneliness had overtook me.

Why? Everything was perfect, there was no war, so what caused me to be lonely? Shadow had left me. I had been so used to having him around and without him in my head...I felt empty, it was like I was missing something, but I understood the dragon's reason of leaving me. He had to manage the balance of our universe. One wrong slip and the world could be entirely destroyed.

I let out a sad sigh, don't let this simmer down the mood. Today's going to be a good day..I think. I didn't realize it, but I had unconsciously hoped that Shadow would reply. He promised that he would find time to talk to me when he had left a month ago.

I could only glance at the note he left me on my bedside table. I cursed him for it, I cursed him for his vagueness. I reached out to the note to pick it up again, but a heavy feeling in my heart wouldn't let me. I slowly retracted my hand; I internally kicked myself for being such a coward. I saved the word and yet I can't read a god damn note?

I forced myself to pick it up. I quickly snatched it before my body could do a double take. I read the words that were written on the note. I could barely make sense of it. I hate vagueness. The beginning of the letter was clear enough, but the second half? It truly bugged me to no end.

The letter read:

Hey (Y/n),

When you read this, I'm probably gone doing some boring work to manage world peace or whatever. Even if I'm not there, I fully expect you to take care of yourself. Be sure to shower, eat in time and most of all, have fun with your friends. If you're feeling lonely, which I think you are because you miss me, find someone else that'll be there for you through thick and thin; you've got a lot of husband candidates, no?

With all fun and jokes aside, I'd like to be serious. If you're truly determined that there's no one for you, rip off the sticker at the edge of the letter, but if I were to be honest...I'd rather not have you do that, or even think about doing that. I don't want to burden you. You've been through enough.

I know I won't see you often from this point forwards. Hell, I probably could only come to visit once every year or two, but please know that I love you, (Y/n). Out of all the people I had ever been sealed in, you're the one I would pick to be with in a heartbeat and maybe...in another lifetime...I'd be your real father, and you, my daughter.

With all the love in the world, Shadow.

I chuckled as I felt tears prick the edges of my eyes. Even if this wasn't my first time reading the note, it had made me cry. I quickly rubbed away the tears and pushed myself off of the bed. I was happily surprised to see Itachi sitting in the living room with a book in hand whilst eating dangos.

"Hey Itachi, could you make breakfast for the rest? Tell the others I'm off," I asked, knowing that Itachi was the most reliable person in the house, and yes, I still lived with Itachi, Sasori, Deidara and Obito.

No, it wasn't because everyone still thought of them as criminals, it was far from that. The four simply wanted to live with me because living by themselves wouldn't feel right. I remembered when Shadow only laughed at their reasoning and called them simps. I questioned what the dragon meant by that, but he wouldn't tell me.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are you going?" Itachi sounded worried, he's such a mother hen.

"Don't worry, I just need some time to myself. I still haven't gotten used to everything being so calm. Even now, I still wake up at five in the morning out of habit," I chuckled. "The same goes for you too, doesn't it?"

"Yes, I have been having troubles adjusting to the new lifestyle, but I'm glad things turned out this way. Just make sure to stay safe and keep out of trouble, (Y/n)," Itachi shot me a heart-warming smile before I exited.

I walked through the peaceful streets of Konoha. I looked at all the shops which have yet to open. I smiled happily as I spotted Ichiraku. Throughout all my times of trouble, Ichiraku ramen had been a constant in my life. When I took a closer look at Ichiraku's, I spotted Hashirama, Tobirama and Madara. The three looked like they were having some fun.

"You three look like you're having fun," I commented.

"Yeah, even though things have changed, I'm happy that the world is at peace now" Hashirama laughed.

I gave Madara a questioning look as I felt his stare on me. Madara's cheeks flushed a deep red, but he managed to grumble out a thanks, "Thank you, (Y/n). I would have been killed if you didn't defend me."

"No problem. The whole thing wasn't your fault, it was Black Zetsu's and Kaguya's," I smiled at the Uchiha who's heart melted like putty at the adorable sight.

"You want to eat with us?" Hashirama questioned.

"No, but thanks for the offer. I want to be alone for now," I answered. "Though, we could have dinner later if my schedule allows it."

"You'll have time," Tobirama pointed out.

I shrugged at bid farewell to the three. I headed towards my original destination, the mountains. As I hiked up the mountain, I sat at its peak. I had a full view of Konoha from where I sat. The village looked absolutely beautiful. If it wasn't too much of an exaggeration, I would have said the village was glowing and brimming with life. Konohagakure is thriving.

I took a seat, my feet dangling off of the cliff's edge. I looked up at the skies, the sun had begun to rise. I reached out to the skies. I almost felt a ghost of a hand brush over mine. I wish you could have seen this, Minato. I wish you could have had more time to spend with Naruto.

My eyes once again landed on Konoha. I couldn't help but smile yet again. I admired the village's beauty, I was happy I had contributed to this peace, and I felt truly relieved since I had ensured a safe place for our future generations to live in. This truly is the end of the story, isn't it?

A/n: Enjoy