Surprise

(Y/n)'s POV

I clenched my hand in distraught, Naruto...I hope you're doing good. When Lady Tsunade had sent Naruto away, Jiraiya had also went on a separate mission. When Naruto returned, he heard about Jiraiya's death. And he left for Mount Myōboku, he didn't even say goodbye...

I shook my head, there's no use in thinking this way, Naruto went to Mount Myōboku to get stronger, I should be grateful but I can't stop worrying about him...I smacked the back of my head, forcefully stopping myself from overthinking, I need to stop this from becoming a habit.

The sound of a door creaking open filled the silent living room, "Hello, Deidara, Sasori, how was the mission?" I asked, sitting comfortably on the couch, my attention focussed fully on the pair.

"It wasn't difficult, Deidara went overboard with his art." Sasori mumbles, stealing an annoyed glance at the blond.

"Hey, art is art!" Deidara replied, a scowl on his face, I thought living with them was going to be a good idea, but now, I feel like I'm living with children.

The redette sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose to ease the current headache he was having. The male turned towards me, "Lady Tsunade wants to talk to you, she said it was urgent." I wonder what she might need, does she want to send me on a mission? Will she send me after Sasuke?

I stood up, nodding at the two of them, "Don't destroy the house while I'm away, alright? I already cooked dinner for you two, just make sure to reheat it."

They nodded their heads, complying, Shadow? What do you think Lady Tsunade wants with us?

I am not entirely sure, but I think it would be a mistake for her to send you away on a mission. Right now, you, Deidara and Sasori are the only group of powerful nin other than Tsunade herself in this village. If an attack were to occur...I'm not sure how Konohagakure will withstand it.

You're right, like you usually are, but if she does send me away, I have no other option but to comply. She's the hokage, I had swore my loyalty to Konoha years ago.

I know, you don't have to tell me twice, I was there to witness it after all, Shadow paused for a moment.

What is it? I know you want to say something.

If anything bad were to happen to Konohagakure while you were away, please don't blame yourself. I don't want you to feel as if you were responsible for something that was out of your control.

I'll try, but you know me well Shadow, you know I'd feel that if an incident happens, I'll feel as if I was responsible because I had the choice to stay and I didn't.

(Y/n), stop saying 'I'll try', say 'I can do it', it is scientifically proven that if you say 'I will do it', your brain will automatically make it its goal to accomplish said target you have set yourself up for.

I laughed at Shadow's statement, you're such a father, Shadow, I never would have thought in a million years that a grumpy dragon like you would change into the most fatherly being in the planet.

That is right and I am proud of it, I am proud to be your father and as your father, I want you to stop being so harsh on yourself.

Fine, fine, 'I'll will stop beating myself up for something I am not responsible for.' Happy?

Yes, I am indeed very happy.

I let a small chuckle escape my lips, the bystanders looked at me weirdly, I shrugged my shoulders, they are the ones who are missing out, they don't know what it's like to have an overbearing dragon dad in their head.