The Talk

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked at Obito, he caught up quick and he has the right to know why I hate myself, but I don't want to talk about it, "What do you mean?" I kept my composure.

"You know what I mean very well, (Y/n)," Obito pressed further, there's no getting out of this, is there?

"Why do you want to know anyways? It's not important to you and it doesn't matter, it's my problem!" I shot back, desperate to avoid the topic. Why can't he just drop it!?

"It does matter to me, believe it or not. You saved me, and I want to return the favor," the ravenette paused, continuing on soon after, "You're ready to help everyone, you're always there to support them...but no one is there to support you. Throughout your life, it's just been you helping others, hasn't it?"

I gave Obito a serious look, "I don't need anyone other then Shadow, and it makes me happy when I help others, I enjoy doing it. It's not as if helping others is a chore for me."

"You're still human and whether you like it or not, humans are made to support each other. You can't go on living by yourself without anyone lending you a helping hand."

"I've done just fine for my fifteen years of living. I've also got Shadow, he's always there to back me up." The tone of my voice had risen as I was getting more agitated with every question Obito asked.

"Is that so? Then why did I see you struggling, crying silently for someone to help you? I know for a fact that you have inner demons, everyone has their's. So, (Y/n), why do you hate yourself?" He looked intently into my eyes.

"You're not gonna give up aren't you?" I asked, sighing. The male shook his head firmly.

"Then, I suppose I could tell you, but it's going to be a long story. Get comfortable." I suggested, seeing Obito shifting in his seat to find a more comfortable position.

"I'm sure you've heard about the (L/n) clan before, they were wiped off of the face of the earth, eradicated. Well, that's not true. I was spared and to this day, I still don't know why I was, but with that set aside, I was given a mission to fulfill before my parents had passed. My sole mission in this life is to save the world, to save as much people as I could." I informed, clenching my hands in frustration as I remembered the multiple times I had failed to save the people that I love.

"I know I couldn't protect everyone, it's a fools dream, but I tried and I failed. Sasuke, he left for Orochimaru. He rejected all good and turned away from his friends and home. Jiraiya, he's dead." I felt tears of frustration build up the edges of my eyes.

"Don't you know what that means? I failed my sole purpose in life, I failed. Not to mention the multiple disasters that could have been avoided if I was stronger. Nagato, he destroyed Konoha because I wasn't there. I was gone because I was ordered to search for Sasuke. When I went back, the village was destroyed. Do you know how guilty and angered that made me feel? I had already asked Lady Tsunade to let me stay, but she wouldn't." I chuckled bitterly, shaking my head.

"And you know what adds salt to the wound? The fact that I didn't even bring Sasuke back to Konoha with me. I left Konoha to retrieve Sasuke and when I returned empty handed...Konoha was destroyed. Kami, I'm such a horrible person. I either keep on failing or I'm not there when others need me the most, damn it!" The hot tears that slithered down my cheeks burnt.

I closed my eyes, "I hate myself for it, I really do. I also couldn't save Sasuke, one of my closest friends. I'm supposed to be a hero, a savior, but I'm not. I've let people die, I've let people lose themselves to evil, I'm a monster!" I looked up to face Obito, flames of fury wildly blazed in my eyes, "Is this a good enough explanation to you? Are you satisfied?"