A Break From Reality

(Y/n)'s POV

"Keep up the good work, Naruto!" I shouted from where I stood, a feeling of pride swelled up inside of me, Naruto's training is going very well.

I then took a seat beside Kakashi, he was reading his favorite perverted book, Icha Icha Paradise, "So, is the story interesting?"

The jounin was surprised at first, but then he immediately shut the book, "Yes, it is, but I wouldn't want you to be reading it."

"I never said I would, ku ku ku ku." I chuckled into the fan I held, a devious grin made its way onto my face.

"Shouldn't you be training too?" Kakashi asked, looking at me curiously.

"No, I plan to train tomorrow. I want to be here to help Naruto, but it seems as if he's doing fine on his own." I chuckled, soon enough, Naruto will be able to make a jutsu of his own.

"Instead of being unproductive, why don't you go back to the village? You could help Shikamaru, Ino and Choji prepare for their mission." Kakashi suggested, he's right, but isn't Kakashi also lazing around? He's such a hypocrite sometimes, I let out a laugh at the end, the jounin looked at me, confused.

"You're a hypocrite, you know? All you've been doing for the day is reading your book, isn't that unproductive?" I teased, a smirk on my face, Kakashi looked away in embarrassment.

"Speechless? It's fine, I'm going to leave anyways. Have fun reading your book." I giggled, standing up to leave.

"(Y/n)." the jounin called, I turned around to face him, "Could you get me some Miso soup?" I laughed at this, Kakashi is a jounin but yet...he's very lazy.

"I will, but only just this once, alright? Don't make this a habit." I said before I turned around to continue my way towards my destination, I think I'm spoiling him too much, Shadow.

You do that because he is your future husband no. 2

Last warning, Shadow. Shut up before I think it's a good idea to strangle you.

Such a great father and daughter relationship, Shadow sighed.

That's what you get for talking about something I don't like, now please stop. I'm trying to find Shikamaru and his group.

That was the last thing I said to Shadow before I turned my attention to the field right next to myself, Shikamaru was there, looking at the clouds. I squinted my eyes, no he wasn't, he's sleeping. I walked towards him, hopefully he won't mind me bugging him.

"Shikamaru?" I asked, prodding his cheek, his eyes immediately snapped open.

"(Y/n)?" he questioned, looking at me weirdly, was there something on my face?

"Yeah? Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"No, nothing is wrong, I'm just surprised that you're here. We haven't exactly been the closest of friends and you're usually with your team." he explained, oh, so that's why.

"Anyways, Kakashi said that I was being unproductive so he sent me here to help you out. I heard you were going to have a mission in the future, so I wanted to help you prepare for it. Do you know where the rest of your team is at? The four of us could train together." I said, turning to Shikamaru.

"We're going on the mission tomorrow, it's better if I save my energy for it. Training would be just a drag, and a waste of chakra tat that." the ravenette said, sitting on the empty grass clearing again.

"If you're sure about it then..." I mumbled, unsure of myself. I awkwardly stood there, I don't know what to do.

Shikamaru opened his eyes, "Are you just going to stand there? Troublesome woman." he muttered.