Kage Summit

(Y/n)'s POV

"I can't believe Kakashi said that to you," Obito growled, obviously irritated at the silver haired jounin.

"I know, and he still hasn't apologized. This...This is going to be a really awkward trip," I sighed.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Yes, I'm sure, and Deidara and Sasori would be there. There's nothing to worry about," I waved off Obito's concerns.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"(Y/n), are you done packing?" Deidara asked, he was really excited that he was selected to go to the kage summit.

"Not yet, but I'll be done in a minute or two." I responded.

Just as I had promised, I finished packing in a short while, "Let's get going."

"Would you like for us to enter the kamui dimension? It would attract less attention if the two of us weren't there," Sasori suggested.

I gave the redette a kind smile, "Thanks for being considerate, that would help."

I transported the two male's into the kamui dimension, hopefully Kakashi won't be using it any time soon. When I had met up with Lady Tsunade, I tried my best to avoid unnecessary contact with the silverette. The tension between us was obvious that even Lady Tsunade commented about it.

"I'm sorry Lady Tsunade, Kakashi and I had a dispute not too long ago. I promise this will not get in the way of our work, everything will remain professional," I promised.

"I appreciate your professionalism, (Y/n). While Kakashi, you should work better to take a hold of your emotions," Tsunade gave the jounin a pointed stare, he nodded his head in return.

As we traveled, Kakashi and I lagged behind Lady Tsunade so that we would be able to see any incoming attacks and shield her from it. As I looked up at the setting sky, I grimaced, Sasuke, what have you done? I shook my head to rid of my thoughts, I had to remain vigilant.

"(Y/n)..." Kakashi began.

"What is it?" I snapped back impatiently, if what Kakashi is about to say isn't about the kage summit or the mission, I didn't want to talk to him.

"Look, I'm really sorry-" I glared at Kakashi, effectively shutting him up.

"I don't want to talk about it, please." I almost sounded as if I was begging.

Kakashi clenched his hands in hesitation, "I know you don't want to talk about it now, but we need to. I don't want this to fall apart."

"What to fall apart, Kakashi? There's nothing to fall apart because there is nothing between us anymore," I hissed. "I'm just disappointed at you, not angry. Just give me time, that's all I need."

Picking up my pace, I left Kakashi to his own thoughts. Again, why did I do that? Why am I a piece of angsty shit? All he wants to do is apologize....I frustratedly ran a hand through my hair, this was now a habit of mine. I felt Tsunade's gaze land on me and Kakashi. She mouthed 'Is everything okay?' I gave her a wordless nod.

Hey Shadow, why can't I forgive Kakashi? I really want to, but I can't. And...it seems like he's really sorry for what he's done.

(Y/n), you won't forgive him because you aren't ready to. And please, don't ever force yourself to forgive someone, that's wrong. Even if you feel as if you can forgive him, your heart's just not there. You have a right to be angry at Kakashi, he's the one that took you for granted.