New Digs.

They entered a little entryway with a coat stand and some empty picture frames, for them to fill with what they wanted. Then there was a spiral staircase, above which there seemed to be a glass railing one could overlook.

At the top of the small staircase, they entered a round room. It was very bright compared to some common rooms in Hogwarts. This had a more homey feel to it. The walls were cream with the Hogwarts Crest on the wall as well as the four house banners. The fireplace however was stone with a large fireplace already pre-lit and a wooden beam above on which a few empty frames, candles, and a clock sat.

Five floor to ceiling windows covered the wall, each with its own window seat, a cream cushion with various grey and cream cushions and a grey throw on each. The sofas were also cream and sat in the middle of the floor. One to the left of the fireplace and one directly opposite. On the other side sat two cream and grey high wing backed chairs and a small table in between on which sat a plant, two books and a candle. A grey rug sat on the wooden floor and two round cream and grey velvet pouffes.

Shelves sat at either side of the fireplace. Three rows on each side in the same wood as the fire mantel. Books were scattered out on the shelves along with more candles and decorations. Next to the stairs at either side were desks and chairs.

It was perfect!

Opposite the stairs leading back down to the front door, there was an archway. The corridor seemed to curve around the room. Deciding to investigate, Hermione found a little kitchen, a bathroom and two bedrooms. She also found more floor to ceiling windows, giving lots of natural light. 

Draco and Hermione's names were carved into each door. Her own room was charming, the same decor as the living room extending here. She had her own fireplace with the same beam above on which sat a large mirror and her walls were the same brickwork. 

For years, Hermione was used to a single bed in her dorm and dark wood with red curtains. This room was the exact opposite. There were no dodgy curtains around her bed for one. She now had a double bed, with a cream and grey floral comforter and pillows. The same pattern was on an armchair by her window and the curtains.

The cream wooden floorboard and ceiling gave her room an airy feel, with large oak beams running across the ceiling. A grey wooden night stand sat at either side of her bed and a large grey wooden wardrobe sat in the corner. And a grey rug sat on the floor in front of her fire.

She smiled to herself as she walked around the room, feeling the comforter and the chair, before gazing at the books on her shelf. She hadn't noticed the blonde boy standing in her doorway, leaning against the frame, watching her.

"It suits you," Draco said, causing Hermione to jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I meant the room. It suits you."

"That's OK. I was so engrossed in taking it all in. It's easy to forget you're in Hogwarts here. It's beautiful. Like we have our own apartment. How is your room?"

"Not too different from yours," Draco said, motioning for her to follow, which she did. Draco opened his bedroom door and they both stepped inside. Hermione was right, his bedroom is a copy of her except the colour. Where Hermione's was cream with a grey/dusky blue, Draco's was cream with a sage green colour. 

"It's gorgeous!" Hermione said, heading to check out the bathroom and the kitchen before making her way back to the living room. She sat down on the sofa, stretching out and yawning. She smiled to herself, thinking how much Crookshanks would have loved this room. The brightness and warmth. He seemed to spend most of his time curled up. Although in the Gryffindor common room, there wasn't much space.  Crookshanks was her cat she got in her 3rd year. She gave a sigh.