Traditions

Everyone turned to see Andromeda standing behind the group with baby Teddy all wrapped up in her arms. 

"Andy," Narcissa squeaked. 

"Cissy," Andromeda nodded but smiled. 

Andy walked up to Hermione and caressed her cheek before handing Teddy to her. She then turned and pulled her sister into her arms, hugging her tightly. 

"Andy, I am so sorry. I had no idea that your husband and daughter -"

"I am sorry about your husband. I am glad to see that Draco survived. And from what I hear, he is currently seeing this beautiful lady here. It is good to see you again, Hermione and you, Harry. Teddy has missed his godparents."

Hermione beamed. "And we have missed you," she said in a baby voice to the baby who was smiling up at her and Harry.

"Hey there, buddy. It's good to see you," Harry said as he held out his finger, and Teddy wrapped his hand around it. 

"You have gotten so big, little man," Hermione cooed at him. 

Adelia stepped forward to Andromeda. "Hello again, Andy. It's been a minute." Andromeda turned and gasped as if she had seen a ghost. 

"Adelia? I thought you had died? Your husband said that you didn't survive losing your babies. That you died of a broken heart?" She hugged Adelia, holding her at arms length to get a good look at her.

Adelia chuckled. "He lied. I had my twins. A boy and a girl. Both are perfectly healthy. But I gave them up to two lovely family's in the hopes that I would spare them from the life that I had. And then I ran away. I was a coward and could no longer be he woman that my husband and the Dark Lord expected me to be.  I have only recently got my children back into my life. I would like to introduce them to you."

"I would be honoured," Andromeda smiled. She had always liked Narcissa's best friend Adelia. Growing up, she had been a great influence on her sister. Andromeda had known Adelia since she was a baby, and she felt like family as much as Narcissa did. She was devastated when she heard she had passed away. 

"This is my son, Blaise Zabini." Blaise stepped forward and held out his hand. 

"It's a pleasure, ma'am." He smiled.

"Oh please, no ma'am business. It's Andy. I thought I met Blaise Zabini once, but he was...em...different looking."

"I had the glamour charm placed on me to hide me from my mother. Father found me and placed a glamour charm on me to pass me off as his new girlfriends baby."

"Evil prick. But it seems your mother found you," Andromeda smiled. 

"My daughter, you know, but you know her under a different name." Hermione passed Teddy to Harry and stepped forward. "Andromeda, I would like to reintroduce you to Hermione Zabini."

Andromeda's eyes grew wide. "You mean...you are...she is -"

Adelia nodded. "And this," she put her arm out and gestured Harry to step forward. "This is my adoptive son, Harry Potter."

Andromeda beamed. "So they are all your family?"

"They are. I love all three equally, and I am beyond proud to be their mother. This is my family." Adelia smiled proudly. 

"Wow!" Andromeda exclaimed. "I have missed out on a lot, haven't I?" She turned to Narcissa and Draco. "Like you, my boy. My nephew. I missed out on your whole childhood. And my sister. I missed out on your wedding, your pregnancy, your baby growing up. And I missed out on you losing your husband, just as I did. I know your pain, my dearest sister. I have missed out on so much of your life, but I do not want to miss out on any more."