Stake Out

It was Gryffindor and Ravenclaw's turn to patrol, but given that Ginny had been through quite the ordeal this evening, the Slytherin's decided to swap. Actually, Hermione was pretty sure that Blaise only offered, so he could patrol with Luna. 

Either way, the three of them set off at 9pm, as Draco and Hermione took off to go and keep their eye on the cursed corridor for a while. Draco wasn't exactly sure why Hermione had a bag with her, but he decided not to question it. Yet. 

At the entrance to the corridor, they stopped. "You know anyone coming this way will see us." Draco said as Hermione sat herself down on the window ledge. "I mean, we are not exactly being discrete."

"We will be," Hermione smirked as she took her wand out of her bag, a bag much too small to house her wand, and began to cast enchantments. Draco recognised a few, one to silence the area so no one would hear them talking, one to keep them from anyone else's view, one to avoid detection and a few he didn't know. 

"You are too smart for your own good." Draco laughed as he sat down on the ledge as well, relaxing, knowing that no one could see them. 

Hermione then shoved her arm into her bag, causing Draco to straighten up. "How?" He asked as she practically out her whole head inside looking for something.  She pulled out a flask and handed it to him, then two mugs, then a Honeydukes bag. 

"What the -"

"Undetectable Extension Charm," she explained. 

"Awesome! And what is all this?" He pointed to everything she took out.

"I made some sandwiches, a flask of hot chocolate and I have some sweets from Honeydukes. I knew we would get peckish while we waited. Oh and I brought two blankets and some pillows to give us some comfort."

Draco stood up to help as Hermione flicked her wand again. The pillow propped themselves up at either side of the sill, and a large candelabra lit up between them, offering a light source. They set themselves down and threw the blankets around themselves.

"Quite the set-up you have here." Draco complimented.

Hermione smiled. "Thanks. Now all we have to do is wait."

And wait they did. For a while, they simply watched as students headed back to their dorms before the 9.30pm curfew. Nothing too spectacular happened. As there were no common rooms on that floor, it was more just people passing the doorway than actually sticking around. 

Hermione seen several people she knew and plenty she didn't. She was glad that no one could see her and Draco, who had somehow managed to huddle closer together and were now pretty much skin to skin. 

"Do you ever wonder, how horrible life would have been in, well he, had actually won the war?" Draco asked catching Hermione off guard.

"I have thought about it. More so when I need to remind myself how lucky I am." Hermione answered after thinking about it. 

"Lucky?"

"Well, in his world, women were seen as objects. My mother was the perfect example. He saw her as a prize, not caring that she was with someone else. PureBlood women would have had to partake in arranged marriages where they were sold like cattle. But I was worse off still. I was considered a mudblood. Dirty. Vermin. I would have been slaughtered. Killed off probably in front of a crowd as I was Hermione Granger, part of the Golden Trio. Not only was I scum, but I was scum who fought back. Either that or I would have been sold as  sex slave."

Draco shuddered at the thought. "I think I would have bought you."

Hermione looked at him and smirked. "Excuse you?"