Reunion

It was a few days before Hermione could leave the hospital. Although she was perfectly fine from the moment she woke up, the Healer insisted that she stay to fully recuperate.

She spent days getting caught up on the work she missed. Typical Hermione, three days and she was nearly there.

By the Friday though she was packed and patiently waiting for her mother and Draco who arrived first thing.

"Someone is keen," Draco chuckled.

"I want to get home. I have a bit more work to do before school on Monday."

"Love, no one expects you to get caught up so quickly."

"You did," she argued.

Draco shrugged. "I had a little bit of time to spare while watching over you." 

"Well, I am nearly there. Just a conclusion to my essay for Flitwick, and I have that quiz to complete for Alchemy. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two. Then, I have three spells to practise for Transfiguration."

"I can help you, love. I could do with the practice, too," Draco said as he kissed her cheek. He helped her slip on her coat as Adelia was standing talking to the Healer who had been watching over her. 

"You are in good hands with this one, Miss Zabini," he smiled, motioning to Draco. "I know he will make sure you take it as easy as possible. It has been lovely working on you, but I would not like to see you in my care again for some time—unless, of course, it is for some good news." He winked at the pair, and Hermione blushed. 

"I will look after her," Draco smirked. 

"I know you will," he replied. "Hermione, it was lovely to meet you." 

He shook the girl's hand as she pulled him in for a hug. "Thank you, sir. For everything."

"My pleasure."

They used the Floo network to get home, not wanting to cause any strain on Hermione by making her apparate. Draco wouldn't even let her carry her own bag home, insisting he takes the load. She didn't object, though. She knew he was just trying to help.

They arrived home to a whole room full of her favourite people. Harry, Blaise, Pansy, Luna, Ginny, Theo, George, Percy, Bill, Fleur, and her baby girl who Hermione had missed the birth of, Mr & Mrs Weasley, Kingsley, Professor McGonagall, Mr Parkinson and Narcissa. Even Andromeda and Teddy were there. It took several minutes to hug everyone before she was pulled down to sit on Draco's knee. 

"Hermione, it is so good to see you well again, my dear," Mr Weasley smiled as Narcissa poured everyone tea or coffee, and Adelia handed out tray bakes and cake.

"And I can never thank you enough for sacrificing yourself for my Pans. I do not know what I would have done if something worse had happened to her." Mr Parkinson sniffed, looking down at his cup and then up to Hermione.

"Of course, sir. I would do anything for her." Hermione beamed. 

"That is sweet," Pansy smiled and then looked very serious. "But do it again, and I will kick your tiny little ass!"

"Hey! I was trying to save you."

"How about neither of you gets into a situation where one of you needs to save the other? Then, no one has to kick anyone's ass?" Luna offered. 

"I second that," Kingsley said, lifting his cup.

"I wholeheartedly agree!" Bill said, smiling down at his daughter.

"OK, quit hogging the baby," Hermione said, setting down her teacup. "Gimme!"

Bill chuckled and stood, passing his newborn daughter off to Hermione smiling. Hermione held tight to the precious cargo, who did not even flinch at the exchange but slept on holding tightly to her blanket.