XCIII

Brett found he could lie here all night on that couch, Eddy half on top of him, half on his side, caressing his belly, humming Debussy's "Clair de Lune" in the right pitch, the Christmas tree glowing behind them, and he would have been perfectly happy.

"We should wash up, don't you think?", Eddy mumbled after he'd reached the middle of the piece.
"Hmmmm.... Do we have to?", Brett asked lazily while brushing his hand through Eddy's soft hair.
"No... I kinda like the evidence of what we've just done."
Brett slapped the back of Eddy's head playfully. "Didn't know you had such a kinky side"
"You bring that out of me. I'm normally very reserved."
"No, you're not. I bet I even have video evidence of you shaking your hips provocatively to some Tiktok tunes."
"I knew they were gonna bite me in the ass."
Brett laughed.

"We could go shower together...", Eddy whispered after a short while filled with comfortable silence. Brett tensed up a bit, which apparently didn't went past Eddy.
"We don't have to though, if it's too much..."
"Eddy", Brett started. He felt like he owed Eddy an explanation, but he got cut off by his best friend.
"Brett, you don't need to say anything. As we said, we take it slow, alright?"
"Hasn't that ship sailed?", Brett remarked and drew out a chuckle from the other.
"Kinda, huh."
"Don't get me wrong, Eddy. It's not like I don't want to. I'm just still so fucking skinny it's not funny. And I kinda don't want you to see me like this."
Some honest time, but after what had just happened, Brett figured there wasn't much he could or even wanted to hide anymore.

Eddy lifted his head a bit, propped himself on his elbow and watched Brett attentively.
"Love, I don't care how skinny you are. Do you know how absolutely gorgeous I find you? I wouldn't have come like this just now if I wouldn't adore every part of you."
Brett could see the sincerity in Eddy's eyes and nodded. No need to feel insecure with Eddy anymore. That was another ship that had left the harbour for good tonight.
"But", Eddy inhaled, "I still suggest we keep this for another time. You look tired af and we have a looot of time to discover more, so..." He got up in one move. "I'm gonna go get some clean stuff, you rest for a moment and when the bathroom's free, it's your turn."
Brett was indeed pretty tired after all that had happened, yawned and stretched his heavy limbs, as Eddy made his way to the bathroom.

Unbeliavable. Eddy and him... loving each other... making out... kissing, all the kissing... coming together... Brett shook his head wildly and had to hold back a stupid giggle which bubbled up inside him.
Unbelievable. And fucking awesome.

Even washing his underwear and cleaning himself up was a joy for Brett after what had happened.

"This is the best Christmas ever!", Eddy declared on the couch when Brett came back in a pair of comfortable sweats.
He nodded, smiling broadly. "It is."
"You wanna play some more Smash?"
"I'm kinda tired of losing. Let's continue that movie?"
"Sure!"

Brett snuggled into Eddy's side as they picked up from where they'd left off and still had trouble to believe his luck, when Eddy laid his arm around Brett's smaller frame and pulled him closer. It wasn't long until Brett doze off from time to time, feeling so warm and safe next to Eddy he couldn't understand how he'd survived without any of this before.

"I have a Christmas gift for you", Brett mumbled half asleep when the movie was showing the epic last battle.
Eddy turned his head sightly and looked at Brett, clearly surprised. "Really?"
"I had to, after what you've pulled with the badly wrapped gifts."
"Nah, you didn't have to. You made my dream come true by becoming mine for real!"
"I didn't know that was going to happen", Brett deadpanned. Eddy sniggered.
"So, what is it?"
"Tomorrow", Brett murmured and closed his eyes again.
"Hey! Why are you telling me now if you're not giving it to me tonight?", Eddy protested and placed a light slap on Brett's bum.
"So you can get excited about it."
"Is it something good?"
Brett grinned, his eyes still closed. "Something great."
"Is it your virginity?"
Brett snorted loudly and sat up with a shock, hitting Eddy's chest hard with his flat hand. "BROOO!!!"
"So no?"
"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this isn't something I can give you anymore", he coughed, still trying to get himself under control after being jerked out of his peaceful, sleepy state.
"You had sex with a guy before?", Eddy asked wide-eyed.
"What? No!"
"Then you still have some kind of virginity to give me." Eddy sat back again as if he just commented on the movies ending.
"But..."
"Isn't it great, that you're my first? And that I'm you're first guy?", Eddy interrupted and started to stroke Brett's back.
"Uhhh... I guess...", Brett said, a bit baffled about the turn of their conversation from an innocent Christmas gift to intercourse between two men.

After the movie ended, they decided to just head to bed, both too tired for anything else.
"Are we gonna sleep in your bed?", Eddy asked while brushing his teeth.
"We can crash on yours for a change", Brett suggested and splashed some water into his face.
"I don't mind wherever, as long as I can be with you."
"Awwww, how sappy."
"You bet!"
Brett smiled at his best friend, took his hand after he'd finished his evening routine and led him to his bedroom.
"So, my bed?", Eddy asked with a smirk.
"I'm kinda sick of mine. Let me stay with you tonight."
"Anytime."
Eddy changed into a worn out plain white shirt and some sweats and lifted the covers to invite Brett in. Brett slipped in and immediately laid his arm around Eddy's waist.
"Hmmm...", he made and breathed in Eddy's scent, which was everywhere here. Eddy's lips were quick on finding Brett's, their kiss sweet and soft.
"I could kiss you forever", Brett mumbled in between kisses.
"Hmmm... me too... you're just irresistable."
Eddy pulled away a bit, slightly breathless.
"You know how many times I have wanted to kiss you?"
"I think I have an idea", Brett said, thinking back to all the occasions where he'd had trouble holding back.
"And now, I just get to...", Eddy whispered, his tone incredulous. He brushed his thumb over Brett's lips like they were a treasure he'd just found.
"As much and as often as you want to", Brett confirmed and pressed his mouth against Eddy's again, tasting him, drinking him in. Eddy's leg locked with Brett's, getting them entangled.
"I should let you sleep", Eddy panted after a while. Brett found he liked to hear him pant like this.
"Maybe..."
Brett got another deep kiss, before Eddy's lips brushed over Brett's nose and forehead.
"I love you, Bretty", he mumbled, the tiredness heavy in his voice.
"I love you too, Eddy."

And like this, they fell asleep next to each other with a happy smile on their faces, holding each other in their arms, as partners, best friends and the first time in their lives, as lovers.