Chapter 158

#158

"No. It's not inaccessible, but it's true that it's blurry. It's still not easy to read."

That day, the Archmage, who managed to access Lim Jin-gyu's memories, found out an important fact about the magic circle.

It seemed that those who possessed the magic circle had to offer a part of their souls to the owner of the magic circle instead of being granted it. It is a kind of slavery contract.

Instead, they can achieve what they want by borrowing the power of the magic circle.

It is a story that, depending on how hard you try, you can hold wealth and honor in both hands and shake the world.

This was the information he found out through Im Jin-gyu's memories. An exchange of souls with the magic circle.

It was to the point where he felt as if there was another Demon King in this world, not a wizard. That's what the demon king does.

But the truth was not like that.

It is true that it is not the soul that is passed on in return for the magic circle.

-The story that it wasn't easy to read is that you read it in the end?

"It's not perfect, but I read as much as I needed to."

-yes? Then say it quickly and hang up. Because I'm really busy.

hey. hey.

After you make a request, you act as if I'm clinging to you.

"Look at this, Ghesquière. If you want to get the information you need, please be kind and obedient. 'Please let me know, senior.' like this."

Then, again, there was silence over the receiver.

I'm saying this in spite of one's temper.

"No, what kind of work do you order and can't do that much?

Anyway, I don't know how long I can continue to be an ally with this arrogant and disrespectful being. Noah let out a thin sigh and opened his mouth as if grumbling.

"If you still want to have an alliance..."

But this time there was no sound of breathing.

"Ghesquière? Did you hang up? Hey Jess."

-Please let me know. Respectful senior Yunoa.

It was unexpected.

It was a blunt voice that didn't contain the slightest hint of respect, but it wasn't bad.

Are you okay?

It was obviously said without a soul, sarcastic, but it was also slightly touching.

"It is not the soul that is exchanged for the magic circle."

-then?

"Mana."

-what?

"Through the magic circle, they constantly receive the mana that the person exudes."

Contractors knew that part of their soul would be taken away as a condition of receiving the magic circle, but that wasn't true.

The magic circle was like a kind of transmitter that supplied mana to the owner of the contract.

If you reject the magic circle, you put magic on it so that it will spontaneously ignite, and once you receive the magic circle, you can't separate the magic circle from your body even to survive. Until the moment of death, it is to faithfully perform the role of mana supply.