Chapter 5- Heir

Cassandra POV

I paced around the room having absolutely nothing else to do. I me to die of boredom in here, I wouldn't expect anything less from such a cruel vampire. I've been just looking out the window and thrashing his bedroom just to spite him but even that is getting boring. I'm now just pacing around the room like a horse without a rider while planning 100 ways to end Duke's miserable existence.

Drake promised to pick me up today but he's been taking so much time I was tempted to just leave on my own. After much consideration, I realized that that isn't the best idea because of the number of vampires living in this building. I might be a vampire too but I'm still very much inferior compared to them since I don't have any abilities yet, not even fangs.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the knock on the door. Finally! I rushed over to open the door.

"Drake!" I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around him. Hugging is not something I usually go for but I've been bored and alone for way too long.

"Whoa, someone's excited", he said with a chuckle as he equally wrapped his hands around me.

"Duh, I've been inside this hell hole for way too long. I'm just excited to see that there are still signs of civilization", I huffed and he laughed.

"You're acting like you've been stuck here for centuries" he said as he ruffled my hair.

"That's Duke's fault", I pouted. I fixed the hair he just messed up, grabbed a coat and put it on. "It's kinda cold out there, where's your coat?" I asked in concern.

"Are you worried about me?" he held an amused grin and a glint in his eyes that matched his expression.

"I'm just not in the mood for an ice pop", I said as I nonchalantly walked out of the room. I giggled at the wide eyed look he was giving me which I found funny.

He just rolled his eyes and followed me out before closing the door behind him. We walked down the hallway and stopped when we reached a set of double doors which I assumed was his room. He placed his thumb on the black box and the door clicked open.

The room was just as big as Duke's. Damn spoiled vampires. Speaking of Duke...

"Duke didn't come back last night. Which I'm happy about but I'm just curious", I asked with genuine curiosity.

"Oh, he probably just had a huge work load and decided to stay at work", Drake replied.

"What does he do?" I asked curious to know about his job. Not that I care, I was just hoping he wasn't out kidnapping another random girl.

"He works for the king of vampires", Drake replied and my eyes widened in shock. King of vampires? Like Dracula? THE Dracula?

"W-wait... D-Dracula?" I stuttered due to shock. Drake just nodded seeming to be amused my shocked expression.

"He doesn't exist!" I argued.

"Vampires supposedly 'don't exist', yet here we are", Duke said with exaggerated air quotes.

"Your world is messed up", I spat.

"Your world is too boring", he countered. Eh, he has a point.

Drake went into the walk-in closet and came out wearing a grey coat that was sure to drown me if I ever get to wear it.

"Anyways, I have something to show you", Drake said as he casually put his hands in his coat pockets.

"Then let's go!" I dragged Drake's arm and dashed out while pulling him along with me. It was then I realized that I had no idea where I was going.