Chapter 6- Transformation

Cassandra POV

"D-Duke?" I stuttered as my eyes landed on the fuming vampire who didn't seem at all happy to see me in his office.

"What're you doing here?" he repeated the question while giving me a look that said I'll be dead in seconds if I don't answer.

"I'm sorry, I-I was just curious", I stuttered out an apology silently praying that today wasn't my last day on earth. He stepped closer succeeding in intimidating me. I was still crouched near the bottom drawer while he stood towering over me and looking down at me with distaste. Intimidated was an understatement.

He suddenly pulled me up to my feet making me squeal with fear and shock and within seconds I was pinned to a wall, his arms taking a firm grip of my upper arms.

"You really need to learn to mind your own business", he snarled as his grip got tighter causing me to whimper.

"I'm s-sorry", my voice cracked as terrified tears ran down my cheeks. Knowing that the vampire standing before me could end my life within two milliseconds wasn't very assuring.

"You had the audacity to thrash my room and still snoop around?" he ranted, ignoring my apology.

His grip tightened to the point were it felt like my bones would break in a matter of seconds. "No wait... please", I choked out.

He chuckled darkly. "Now you're begging", he grinned, showing of his fangs succeeding in making my heart leap into my throat.

"I told you we'll know who was in control", he smirked. "So who is in control Cassandra?" he asked with venom clear in his voice. I was too scared to form any words, my lip just quivered in a failed attempt. I felt something sharp graze my throat suddenly noticing his extended claws.

I suddenly felt regret. Why didn't I listen to Drake? Why did I have to be so stubborn? Why did such a good day have to end so horribly? Now this raging vampire was going to slit my throat open and dispose my corpse somewhere.

"P-please... stop", my voice came out weak and pained. All anger suddenly vanished and he looked more confused than angry.To my surprise, he leaned back and looked at me with an unreadable expression and he slowly let go of me. "I'm sorry for scaring you", he suddenly apologized making me eyes widen.

"I was just angry. I had a bad day", he apologized. "Forgive me", he looked so apologetic and sincere that I nodded. He smiled taking that as a sign that I had forgiven him, he placed a small kiss on my forehead.

Was he bipolar or something?

I was still shaken up by everything and made a mental note to myself not to mess with this unpredictable vampire.

"It was my fault, don't worry about it", my voice came out a lot smaller than I intended.

I speed-walked out of there while making sure to keep my head low. I really didn't want to do anything that would tick him off. I just want sleep.

The moment I opened the door to Duke's room, I let out an annoyed groan. The room was still a huge mess and I wouldn't be able to sleep well till I clean it up. I got to work in picking up various items I had tossed around earlier. I even had to pick up some broken items and I regretted thrashing this room in the first place.

By the time I was almost through with cleaning up the mess, Duke walked without any hint of his former anger. I could only guess that he had been going through his stuff to make sure I hadn't stolen anything. He didn't say anything to me and just walked up to is desk.

Just as I was about to put the last book on the shelf, I felt a very sharp pain in my mouth. It was enough to make me drop the book and put my hand over my mouth. The pain got worse, it was almost like my gums were tearing apart.