Chapter 51- Bad Idea

Three weeks later...
The last few weeks have been a bit hectic. I guess Alexander and Lucinda were really not happy about me and Anna escaping because in the last few weeks they've been numerous attacks targeted at other packs. Jason had to step in several times to help and Blood Moon Pack now has a refugee camp.

He always went with Duke, Drake, Anna, Preston, Natalie and Glendon but never let the rest of us come no matter how much I begged. I didn't like being separated from them because a part of me felt like something could go seriously wrong in one of these missions. I didn't want to loose any of them... especially Jason.

Anyway, Anna and I have healed up pretty nicely and pretty fast too. I've also gotten a little closer to my cousin, Glendon. He is nothing like his parents and he tells me what my mom was like when she was still alive and what I was like as a baby. I think that he and Anna have a thing going though since he's always talking about her and I've seen the way they look at each other.

Hendrix is being held hostage and Natalie and Davis are trying to get as much information out of him as possible.

Today was the first quiet day in a long time. We were all sitting in the garden, well all of us except Jason, Natalie and Preston who were getting some work done.

Anna was lying down on Glendon's shoulder. Donald and Caroline were having a conversation about food. Duke and Drake were in the middle of a conversation while Blake cozily laid in Drake's lap while Zane and I sat together.

"Can I ask you something?" Zane asked as he pulled one knee up to his chest and slung his arm over it.

"Yeah" I replied. "How do you feel about Jason?" The question took me off guard and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you have feelings for him Cassandra?" Zane asked. He wasn't asking me in accusing way, it was more inquisitive if anything.

"I-I don't know but... maybe... I think?" My voice squeaked a little and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"So in order words, yes?" Zane asked and he seemed amused. I nodded slowly and he smiled a little.

"I'm glad" I looked at him in shock. "Really?" He always seemed to hate Jason. I wonder what changed.

"Yeah, he takes good care of you. He would do anything for you and he clearly returns your feelings".

"How do you-?" I was interrupted the moment Jason rushed into the garden with Lily right behind him. I felt a blush rise on my cheeks, knowing exactly what I had been discussing right before he rushed in.

"We have a problem" Jason announced. "Harvest Moon Pack had been attacked by both witches and werewolves of Ice Moon Pack. They need us".

Duke, Drake, Anna and Glendon immediately stood up and followed Lily who was leaving probably to get ready to leave.

Jason crouched down beside me and inspected my face. "You look flushed Cassie" Jason informed me like I didn't already know and then placed a hand on my cheek making things worse. Way, way worse.

"Must be the cold" yup definitely the cold. "You should go inside". Zane coughed and averted his gaze knowing that it definitely wasn't the cold.

"No, I wanna help" I argued and crossed my hand over my chest stubbornly.

"Not happening" Jason said seriously. I glared at him and let my eyes turn a golden shade as a threat but he simply rolled his eye not taking my threat seriously.

"You know what? You, Caroline and your brothers can help us" I smiled in victory. "... Just not directly".

So somehow me, Donald, Blake, Zane and Caroline ended up in the control room with a few other pack soldiers and members of the agency, watching from the screens as the helicopters took off.