Chapter 32- Trauma

"Let go off me!", I yelled the moment George had dragged me out of the house. He rolled his eyes before letting go off me and I glared at him as I rubbed my upper arm.

"Pack your things and get the hell out of my pack", he growled angrily at me. "What?" Where was I supposed to go?

"The last thing I need is for a monstrosity like you to be paired with my son", his growls got more loud, scaring the heck out of me. "My son deserves the best werewolf  female out there".

"I didn't ask to be paired with your son!" I yelled out angrily. He's saying this like it's my fault. I'm the victim here.

"Pack your shit and get the fuck out! I can tolerate humans but you are a whole new story". George was now taking threatening steps towards me and I gulped and took a step back.

"She's not going anywhere", Jason appeared behind me and put his hands on my shoulders reassuringly. I let out a sigh of relief, glad that George wouldn't kill me with Jason present.

"Jason..." his father growled out warningly. Jason growled back with even more intensity. "I'm not a kid dad! I'm capable of making my own choices, I'm capable of handling this pack and I'm definitely capable of handling myself!"

"I don't want a repeat of the past-" Jason interrupted him. "Exactly! The past dad! It's all in the past, can we stop looking back at it?"

Whatever happened must have been really bad for George to attempt to kick out his son's mate.

"Vampires are vampires Jason. There's no difference they're all bloodthirsty and they seek our downfall". George took a step towards Jason and lowered his voice. "What would you do if what happened before repeated itself?"

I felt Jason's hands go tense on my shoulder and he stayed silent. I looked back at him to notice his sad but angry expression. His brows were drawn together and his jaw was clenched.

"That's not going to happen again", he said lowly. It almost sounded like he was just trying to convince himself.

"Well, we can't be sure if we have her here", George gave me a pointed look. "For all we know she could be a spy".

"She's my mate", Jason said simply with finality as if telling him to drop the subject but George didn't seem to get the memo.

"Don't the vampires have an alliance with the witches? I'm sure they'll be able to use spells to manipulate our mate bond if they wished", George explained, staring at Jason challengingly.

"The witches like to keep their distance. They might have an alliance with vampires but they don't want any part in this shit show", Jason shot back. "Besides, I doubt such a spell exists".

"Okay" George nodded in agreement. "But Natalie informed me that she's a turned vampire. Don't you think the vampire that turned her would have a say in her decisions".

Trust me, he doesn't. I do what I want, how I want and when I want to.

"I doubt that. She hasn't mentioned the vampire once since her stay here".

It was kind of annoying that they were talking about me like I wasn't standing right there.

"That doesn't mean anything", George growled out and Jason retaliated with a growl of the same intensity. They seemed fed up with each other and I was in between them feeling awkward and out of place. Frankly, I'm really scared of getting kicked out. I have no place to go and I'm worried that if I leave pack grounds then Duke would find me. I'm not sure I'm ready to see him again.

"According to Preston, she wasn't alone on the day you two found her , she was with another vampire. The two were in our territory, they could have been plotting against our pack". George's charges were so solid, I was even starting to feel like I was the bad guy.