Chapter 12- We Aren't Monsters

Breakfast was... nice. I guess. I just hope it wasn't poisoned or something. I sat on the bed and letting my eyes wonder round the room I was in. Judging by the white walls and sheets and the medical supplies, it was obvious that it was an infirmary. I wonder why they are no medical personnel present if it was an infirmary.

My gaze shifted to the arm which Jason had taken the bandage off of. I tilted my head wondering what the strange sensation I felt earlier was. I shook my head deciding that I probably shouldn't put too much thought into it.

I really don't want to stay here and since Jason gave me the choice to leave, I could actually do so. But if I leave, where would I go? I definitely don't want to return to the manor and I don't think I can bear to stay in the house me and my brothers lived in.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, I groaned before dragging my aching feet towards the door and throwing it open. I glared hard at the wolf on the other side for making me walk. My legs were seriously aching.

He tilted his head to the side in confusion but didn't seem fazed by my glare. His face suddenly scrunched up as he took a whiff of the air.

"You need a shower... now", he said it almost nonchalantly. I felt my cheeks flare up in embarrassment. Who did this guy think he was? I let out a threatening snarl right to his face which did anything but threaten him.

He tilted his head innocently and asked, "did I say something wrong?" His question annoyed me. While trying to control my anger to avoid getting into a fight with him, my eyes lower to the pile of neatly folded clothes he had in his hand.

He noticed my gaze and looked down at the clothes as well. "I came to give you these. Dress up quickly so we can go buy you some clothes. These were pretty hard to get".

"Why would you think I'll want to follow you anywhere?" I asked but collected the clothes nonetheless. I felt extremely uncomfortable in my dirty, bloody clothes.

Jason scoffed and rolled his eyes he seemed like he really didn't want to put up with my attitude.

Too bad I didn't care.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. Have some respect", I huffed. He rolled his eyes again as if to spite me and pushed past me into the room.

Before I could protest, he grabbed the tray I had left on the table before leaving the room. "Be quick".

I pursed my lips and slammed the door shut the moment he left. I felt extremely annoyed. The last place I wanted to be in was a building filled with people that hate my kind.

There was a bathroom in the infirmary so I had a shower in there. I did my best to make sure I went as slow as possible, just to spite him since he told me to be quick.

After I was done I changed into the clothes he had brought. The hoodie was huge on me but it had an amazing scent.

I heard a knock on the door and I let out an annoyed groan before throwing the door open. At least my legs weren't aching anymore so I wouldn't get too aggressive.

"Wow, my hoodie is a lot bigger on you than I expected", he chuckled. "This is your hoodie?" I felt my face burn up. It smelled just as nice as him.

Dammit Cassandra, what are you thinking?

He just nodded and walked out of the room, "let's go". The Blood Moon pack house was absolutely beautiful. It had a variety of painting hung on the walls, the floors were a beautiful marble and the ceilings were adorned with beautiful chandeliers.

Maybe being the most powerful pack in the supernatural realm came with its advantages.

I pulled the hood over my head and kept my head down as I saw some wolves ahead. They gave Jason nods of acknowledgment but looked me up and down suspiciously. I wondered if they had sensed that I was a vampire or something.