Chapter 11- His Mate

"Why did we bring her back?" Preston asked with a raised brow as he sipped from the glass of water he held in his hand. The beta was curious to know why his alpha had chosen to bring a vampire back to the pack house. He didn't understand why Jason had chosen to spare a vampire despite the difficulties the species had put him through.

The alpha placed some breakfast on a tray before replying, "She's my mate". Preston's eyes widened as he choked on the water he had been drinking.

"She's a vampire", he said in between coughs as he stared at his alpha with wide eyes. Jason raised a brow, "So?" Preston blinked at him once, twice, "A vampire and a werewolf can't be mates" The disbelief in his tone was rather evident whereas Jason looked so calm and composed as he placed the waffles he had made into a plate.

"I'm aware", he replied as he picked up the tray and turned to leave. "This pack needs a Luna and the Moon Goddess has chosen her, so I'll respect that", he said before heading towards the bedroom of his 'mate'.

Cassandra had gained consciousness a few minutes ago and had gone into panic mode. She felt an odd sense of déjà vu as she looked around before getting out of the very comfortable bed. She felt something in her pocket and reached in to get it.

She almost screamed in frustration upon seeing the knife she had tucked into her pocket earlier. Why didn't she use it to defend herself? She throws herself back on the bed and screamed into the pillow in frustration, repeatedly kicking her legs.

That was how Jason found her when he entered the room with her breakfast. He didn't expect her to be awake and definitely didn't expect her to be like... that.

"Vampire?" he didn't know her name, so he settled on calling her that. Cassandra jumped out of the bed, startled, and immediately noticed the scent of one of the wolves that attacked her the night before. She immediately grew alert, jumping out of the bed.

She turned to the wolf, who stood at the doorway carrying a tray of food. "I have a name", she snarled.

"What would that be?" Jason asked with a raised brow before setting the tray on a desk. Cassandra stared at the very calm werewolf in a complete panic, which she tried to hide, but the alpha could see right through her.

Jason stood, completely calm, his head tilted slightly, causing his unruly brown hair to fall over his sapphire blue eyes, which scrutinized the vampire that stood before him.

"N-none of your business", she internally scolded herself for stuttering and also for finding comfort in the presence of this man despite knowing he was a threat.

"Okay then", he replied as he got up from the wall he had been previously leaning on. "I got you some breakfast, vampire ". He was about to walk away before he heard the voice of his mate.

"And how do I know it isn't poisoned?" she stood with her hand loosely on her waist as she glared at him. She was trying to hide her fear through intimidation and anger, and that fact greatly amused the werewolf.

"I wouldn't poison my mate", he answered matter-of-factly, making the girl's mouth drop open. "M-mate?" she might be a vampire, but mating was a basic concept and so she had knowledge of it.

He hummed a reply as he observed the vampire with amusement dancing in his eyes. "Can I know your name?" he asked again with a slight smile to make her feel more comfortable.

"Tell me yours first", she replied after her shock had worn down a bit. She scrutinized the werewolf, not trusting him in the slightest- after all, he had tried to kill her.

"Jason", he replied. He noticed her gaze and immediately understood why she looked so out of place. "Sorry for almost killing you", he apologized with a slight smile playing on his lips yet looking sincerely apologetic.

Cassandra's eyes widened before narrowing back into a glare. "Why should I trust you?" she asked. Jason found the girl quite intriguing, the way her eyes reflected fear and panic, but her attitude said otherwise.

"My pack needs a Luna", he replied simply, "I wouldn't hurt you". It didn't take time for Cassandra to put two and two together. He had said that they were mates and also mentioned that she is a Luna which meant he was an alpha.

"You're an alpha?" she asked for confirmation, to which he nodded. "Which pack?" she asked as her curiosity spiked. "Blood Moon".

Cassandra knew of the Blood Moon Pack. They were quite popular and have held the title of the strongest werewolf pack for centuries now.

She was mated to the alpha of the Blood Moon Pack. Were vampires and werewolves even supposed to be mated?

Wait, how could the pack accept a vampire- their most hated supernatural species- as their Luna? She let out a sigh, at least she didn't plan on being anyone's mate let alone a Luna.

Jason's eyes move to notice the blood-stained bandage wrapped around Cassandra's hand. He rolled his eyes. Preston could inflict an injury, but he couldn't quite treat it. He moved towards her, making her back up in fear and almost trip.

"Relax, I just want to take off the bandage so you can heal the injury", he said calmly. He held out his hand to the girl, non-verbally asking her for the injured arm. Cassandra narrowed her eyes at his hand slightly before finally placing her arm in his hand. The immediate burst of tingles that spread throughout her body was something she didn't expect.

It felt good- she mentally scolded herself for thinking such. Jason carefully pulled off the bandage and cleaned the wound before letting her heal the wound on her own.

Jason started to pack up the medical supplies that Preston had left in the room. "By the way, my name is Cassandra", she answered his earlier question. She knew his name. It was only fair that he knew hers.

Nice name.

"Well Cassandra, it's an honor to have you here. You're free to stay for as long as you want," he told her as he turned to leave the room.

"And if I want to leave?" she didn't want to find herself in the same situation she did when she had been in Duke's manor.

"You can tell me so I can provide for transportation" He looked back at her with a smile. "Until then, enjoy your stay".

Jason turned and left the room, leaving a certain Luna with a small smile playing on her lips. Her gaze shifted to the food on the desk not too far from her, and her smile widened the tiniest bit.

Guess he isn't that bad.