Chapter 52- Under a Spell

I swiftly shifted to a raven midair before I hit the ground and used my wings as a parachute. I landed in the middle of the ring of fire the kids were trapped in and shifted back to my original form.

The girl who seemed about thirteen growled as she stood protectively in front of her brother who seemed about five.

"Vampire" she growled and her claws extended. "Listen, I mean no harm," I said gently to the girl. "I'm from Blood Moon Pack and I'm just here to make sure you two are okay".

The boy held on to the back of his sister's shirt tightly and looked at me warily. "I don't trust vampires" the girl growled as she looked me over with a whole new level of suspicion.

The flames grew and began to grow closer to us. They became visibly scared but the girl still wasn't budging. "I don't know what perception you have of vampires but you need to know that we aren't all the same". I was trying to be as patient as possible but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

The flames drew closer till they almost touched the boy and he let out a terrified scream as he hugged his sister tightly. The girl seemed even more terrified as the ring became noticeably smaller.

I sighed before tilting my head to the side and bringing out my witch side to come in perfect balance with my vampire side. I felt my eyes change color as I focused on the flames and they immediately shifted back.

The girl looked at me in shock and astonishment. "Who are you?"

"Cassandra Anderson. Probably the only vampire-witch in existence".

Her eyes suddenly sparkled in excitement despite the danger we were surrounded by. "Wait like the Cassandra Anderson. Alpha Jason's mate?"

"I guess?"

"Oh my goddess! I've heard so much about you. Is it true that you're Princess Cassidy's daughter?"

"News travels fast" I muttered and that somehow got her even more excited. She was acting like she had met some celebrity or something.

"Anyway, we need to get going" I spoke up. I moved my hand in one direction making all the flames move that way and away from us. I closed my fist together and the fire was immediately extinguished.

"So cool!"

The girl and her brother obediently followed me as I tried to find some Blood Moon pack soldier I could easily hand them off to. It didn't take me time to find a group of pack soldiers that were helping refugees into a helicopter to notice me.

"Luna?" one of the pack soldiers called in surprise when his gaze landed on me. "Hey," I replied curtly. He was probably surprised to see me since Jason would not have allowed me to come.

"I found these kids. Could you help me get them to Blood Moon Pack safely?" I inquired. "Of course Luna".

The moment I was sure the kids were settled I decided to head off on my own to see if there were any more people I could help. I stopped in my tracks when I heard the sound of a person sneaking through the snow behind me.

I immediately turned back and was sent instantly flying. "What do we have here?" the man with blonde hair looked at me like I was prey or something. A ball of water formed in his palm and he sent it at me with so much force that I was left rolling and sputtering as the water entered my lungs.

I stood up, taking a defensive stance as I snarled harshly at the man. He smirked as another ball of water formed in his palm. I already figured out what he was.

A witch of water.

***

Third Person POV