chapter 3

The roads of Udaipur city bustled with students, as it was exam month, and they were heading to their exam centers. Amidst the crowd, a 10th-grade girl stood crying outside the school gate. Seeing this, Advika stepped out of her car and approached the girl.

She inquired about the situation, and the girl explained that due to some problem, the exam center had changed, and she didn't know the new route, nor did she have any transportation. Feeling sympathetic, Advika decided to drop the girl. Unfortunately, their luck took a turn for the worse when Advika's car also got damaged.

Left with no other option, Advika attempted to hitch a ride, but no one stopped to help. Then she got an idea. She grabbed a bottle of sauce and instructed the girl to play along.

When she saw a car approaching at a safe speed, she stepped in front of it and acted as if she had been hit. The car belonged to Abhimaan. The driver stepped out, concerned.

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

"Because of you, I was in this accident! Now who will drop my sister off at school? She has an exam."

"Ma'am, what are you saying? You walked in front of the car."

"Oh, first, you didn't drive properly, and you've injured me. On top of that, my sister has an exam. If she fails, it will be because of you! I'll complain to the police," Advika said, tears welling up. The girl joined in, pretending to cry.

Raghav glanced at his boss, who appeared angry. He was already irate, and this situation only worsened it, Raghav thought. He asked Abhimaan for permission to handle the matter.

"Boss, can I handle this?"

"Yes, go."

Abhimaan's response, just two words, reflected his personality. Raghav stepped out of the car, thinking the girl might be after money.

"Hey, don't make a scene. If you need money, we can give it, but get out of our way."

"Look, I don't want your money. First, you hit me, and now, who will take my sister to school for her exam?" Advika cried, escalating the situation.

For the first time, Raghav felt confused about what to do. He had dealt with people demanding money before, but never a crying girl. This was new for him.

When Raghav didn't return in 5 minutes, Abhimaan's patience ran out, and he got out of the car himself.

But the scene that greeted him left him dumbstruck. There was a girl sitting on the road wearing a white kurta with a blue jacket. She had long hair, chubby cheeks, plum lips, and big eyes. But what distressed him were the tears in those eyes. He had seen many beautiful girls before, even more beautiful than her, but she had something that attracted him.

He asked Raghav what had happened, and before Raghav could reply, Advika started crying loudly and accused Raghav of staging a fake accident and offering her money.

"And this man is offering me money! Do you think I'd do this for money?" She exclaimed, making a big pout.

Abhimaan's Pov.

The sight of this girl accusing Raghav is something else. The innocence on her face is completely different. But the way she looked at me, no girl has been able to do that in years. After years, I'm unable to see tears in somebody's eyes. So, I decide to do whatever she wants.

"Raghav, let's drop them," I commanded.

My attention was caught by the blood on her forehead and hand.

"First, let me clean this blood," I insisted.

"No, please, my sister's exam is important. She will be late. Please, let's drop her first," she pleaded.