★ #02 | talk

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #02 | talk"You're right, I'll stop

★ #02 | talk
"You're right, I'll stop. I'm sorry."

now playing..

my tears ricochet , Taylor Swift
"And you're tossing out blame, drunk
on this pain.."

_____

AFTER ordering her friend food, Min Hyerin sat unsettled on the couch of her best friend's apartment. Silence filled the room as Mijin paid no mind to the girl, her attention lingering over the TV as it played a random news broadcast for upcoming weather.

"Mijin.. could we talk? Before I go home." Hyerin questioned, hesitance evident in her tone as she finally got the older's attention.

"What about?" The older girl sighed, gaze sharp as she stared at the clearly nervous girl.

"I was just.. I'm kinda upset." Hyerin admitted with a sigh, watching as her friend's eyebrows instantly furrowed, sitting upright on her couch.

"What about?" Mijin questioned, tilting her head to the side as Hyerin swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I mean.. you said you'd stay by my side the entire time at that party. You didn't, instead you completely ditched me. I didn't know anyone there, Mijin. It was scary being all by myself in a house full of unfamiliar faces." Hyerin expressed, a frown tugging at her lips as she picked at the loose string on her jeans.

"What are you trying to say, Hyerin? You didn't seriously expect me to stay with you the entire time, did you?" Mijin huffed, blinking slowly as the younger nodded her head sheepishly.

"I mean, that was kinda the agreement, so yeah.." she admitted, earning an eye roll from Mijin who shook her head.

"So, what? I'm just not allowed to have fun by myself anymore? I don't have to babysit you the entire party. That's dumb." Mijin pointed out, as Hyerin nibbled down at her bottom lip; nodding her head slowly.

"No, I just-- I thought for once maybe you'd mean the words you say. Or, you could at least give me a heads up if you plan to leave me by myself." Hyerin mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the older girl.

"Why are you suddenly being like this? You aren't my mom, you don't need to know when or where I'm going somewhere." Mijin scoffed, hugging her knees to her chest as she stared curiously at the visibly uncomfortable girl.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." She apologized with a sigh, pressing her lips together.

"No, Hyerin. What you said was totally unfair. I'm allowed to have fun at a party. You came with me because it was a favor. Stop playing the victim and understand how I feel for once." Mijin snapped, as Hyerin's eyes widened slightly as the older raised her voice.