★ #03 | instagram

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #03 | instagram"Tell me, do you recognize anyof these faces?"

★ #03 | instagram
"Tell me, do you recognize any
of these faces?"

now playing..

Static , Steve Lacy
"Hope you find peace for yourself,
new boyfriend ain't gon' fill the void.."

____

"WAIT, so you met someone at the party, and you didn't get her number?" Jake questioned, unsure of whether or not he had followed along with Jay's story correctly.

The older boy nodded in response, arms crossed over his chest as his fingers busied themselves, picking at a loose thread in the fabric of the white cardigan he wore.

"Right." He confirmed, gaze shifted up at his group of friends. "Her name is Min Hyerin. I'm not sure if any of you know her."

The room fell silent, as his gaze shifted around -- watching as his friends shook their heads, confused at the mention of the unfamiliar name. "She's going through a tough time, and doesn't have a good friend group she can talk to. I think her friend is fake, but she didn't want to let her go because she's known her for a while now." Jay explained, leaning back into the chair.

"How do you know that much, but you didn't manage to get any basic contact information? It doesn't even have to be her actual phone number -- although it would be ideal. You could've gotten like.. her Snapchat or Instagram." Park Sunghoon shrugged, adjusting his position on the couch slightly; but not enough to disturb his friend, Kim Sunoo- of which rested his head on his shoulder.

"In my defense, we were both lost in the conversation. I don't think it really crossed either of our minds to get contact information." Jay breathed out, eyes scanning the room aimlessly.

"It seems like you've grown quite attached to this girl already, not gonna lie." Heeseung admitted, sending a teasing smirk to the younger boy whilst nudging him slightly.

Jay huffed, rolling his eyes playfully and shrugging as he threaded his fingers through his hair. "Maybe, but what good does it matter when I'm not going to see her again? I'm just hoping that she's doing well; and perhaps she'll realize her so-called best friend isn't worth her time."

"Did you pull out your potential therapist skills on her, Jay?" Jake raised a brow, leaning back into the couch cushions behind him with his arms crossed over his chest.

Jay let out a chuckle, waving it off with his hand lazily. "I tried to, at the very least."

"Hey, wait, what did you say her name was again? Min Hyerin, was it?" Sunoo asked, looking up from his phone.

"Yeah. What about her?"

"Do you happen to recognize any of these people?" Sunoo asked, walking over to where the boy sat and showing him his phone as he scrolled through the list of accounts that had popped up whilst he searched the full name on Instagram.

"My god, Sunoo. You're literally a genius." Jay muttered out, only to receive a yawn as he shoved his phone into his hand -- too tired to hold it for him.

"Not really. I mean, it's a pretty basic method. Social media can unfold a lot, believe it or not." The younger shrugged, wandering over to where his two other friends were and plopping down on the right side of Jake.

"That's both interesting and terrifying at the same time." Jake admitted, earning nods and hums in agreement to his words from those surrounding him.

Jay hummed quietly, eyes lingering over the phone screen tiredly as he scrolled through the list of profiles. The boy paused, eyes narrowing as he furrowed his brows -- staring at the profile picture of a specific account before clicking on the profile.

"Did you find her?" Heeseung questioned, only to earn a small shrug from the boy.

"I mean, I think it's her.. but, it's hard to tell from such a small image. And, her bio doesn't have any confirmation. It's literally just the headphones emoji." Jay pointed out, staring down at the profile intently as Sunoo lifted himself up from the couch lazily, trudging over to his friend and taking his phone into his hands.

"Oh, wait, is that seriously her? She's pretty. You fumbled by not getting her number, not gonna lie." Sunoo gawked, staring in awe at the girl's profile picture.

Sunghoon snorted at his friend's words, smiling teasingly. "Careful, loverboy over there will get jealous."

Jay could only respond with a glare, shaking his head with a breathy laugh before averting his attention back to the phone screen.

"Wait, show me now! I'm curious." Jake perked up, sitting upright as he watched Sunoo wander back over to the both of them; sitting back down on the couch beside them.

"Oh, damn, she is gorgeous." Jake raised his brows in surprise, hugging a throw pillow close to his chest as he stared down at the girl's profile picture.

"Right? Hey, Park Jongseong, you should message her." Sunghoon called out, staring down the boy across the room as he furrowed his brows and waved it off.

"Huh? Absolutely not.. for one, what if that's not even her account? Plus, it'd be really creepy if I just randomly slid into her dms like that.. I'd seem like a stalker. So, just let it go." The boy announced, shaking his head.

"Over my dead body.." Sunoo muttered to Sunghoon; who snorted and hummed quietly in response -- directing his attention to Heeseung, who had decided to change the topic in the midst of noticing his three friends scheming -- knowing well enough they weren't the type to let something go so easily.

Kim Sunoo bit back a smile as he clicked the vibrant blue button, watching as it turned a dark gray color as "requested' popped up on it. The boy showed his screen to both Jake and Sunghoon, of which gave him a thumbs up and a nod discreetly.

Sunoo sent the girl a quick, simple message through Instagram dms -- hoping to hear back from her soon.

____

﹐authors corner .﹗﹑
listening to lana del rey as i write this !?
(queue long rant that i just deleted although
some of you have already seen it 🫡)

i'm gonna look back on this entire author's corner
and giggle at myself for being so emotional bc wtf
even is this ??? 😭 like i'm genuinely emotionally drained bc of a random person ??? embarrassing

anyway
may 29th, 2023 -- 2:43am.
not proofread.