★ #41 | reassurance

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #41 | reassurance"don't blame yourself for the inevitable

#41 | reassurance
"don't blame yourself for the inevitable."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

while you were sleeping • laufey
"that night, something turned in my heart."

____________

ENTERING the quiet apartment, the space was filled with the soft panting of Sarang, who wagged her tail excitedly at the sight of Hyerin, who had returned alongside Jay, who leaned down to pat her head softly before slipping off his coat and shoes.

“I’m sorry for the mess.” Hyerin let out quietly, keeping to herself as she folded her hands out in front of her, a bit embarrassed of how messy her apartment had gotten over the past few days.

Jay looked up from Sarang to meet Hyerin's eyes, shaking his head off to the side in response to her sudden apology. “It's okay. I don't care about the mess, Hyerin. I’m here for you.”

The girl let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she tugged the sleeves of her sweatshirt down, a vague, shy smile painting her lips as she watched the boy grow closer.

“Do you want to sit?” Jay asked, gesturing to her couch as she raised her brows before nodding profusely. “Oh, yeah, right. Sorry.” She replied, a bit on edge and hardly able to think straight with all that her mind was processing at the moment.

The girl wandered to her couch, sitting down on it as she hugged her knees to her chest, as Jay sat on the lounge chair nearby, wanting to give her the space that she needed.

“So,” Hyerin cleared her throat, picking at the loose thread of a nearby throw pillow as she kept her gaze fixed on her lap, not wanting to meet his stare.

“Did you.. did you really mean what you said?” Hyerin muttered out, questioning him as he nodded his head as soon as his mind processed it.

“Of course I did. Wholeheartedly.” Jay hummed, nodding his head along to his own words as the girl took a deep breath.

“I know, it's obvious. But I, uhm– I like you, a lot.” Hyerin let out, shyly meeting his eyes as a small smile adorned his lips.

“I mean– I don't like you a lot.. I mean I do, but like not in a weird way. Unless this is weird? I hope it isn't.” She spluttered out, cheeks heating up.

“Relax, Hyerin. It's not weird, I get it. And thank you for being able to express that with me.” Jay reassured her, watching as her panicked eyes softened ever so slightly and she swallowed the lump in her throat.