★ #27 | leaving

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #27 | leaving"you made me feel so insecure about myself

#27 | leaving
"you made me feel so insecure about myself."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

the grudge olivia rodrigo
"how could anybody do the things
you did so easily?"

________

KNOCKING on the front door to the girl's apartment made her realize just how nervous she actually was as she pulled the sleeves to her sweatshirt over her trembling hands.

Soon enough, the door flung open as she lifted her head to meet the sharp gaze of Oh Mijin, who cleared her throat and looked Hyerin up and down before finally stepping aside.

"Come in." She muttered, earning a reluctant nod from the younger girl.

Hyerin stepped inside, the front door closing behind her as she looked over to Mijin, who ushered her over to follow her into the living room, where she was directed to sit in a lounge chair as Mijin took a seat on the sofa.

"Sit." Mijin demanded, gesturing to the chair as Hyerin nodded quietly, taking a seat as her gaze dropped to her lap.

"Mijin, I–" Hyerin began, only for her words to be cut short as Mijin shook her head. "No, Hyerin. Let me go first."

The younger let out a sigh, nodding her head as she waited for Mijin to speak up. After clearing her throat, words had begun to flow from the older's lips.

"Hyerin, I miss you. A lot. We both were immature and we didn't communicate our feelings properly. We were dumb. But, I decided that it's really stupid the way we argued and I want to make things right." Mijin spoke firmly, crossing her legs.

Hyerin furrowed her brows as the words filled her ears, feeling somewhat guilty as she didn't necessarily feel the same way. The younger let out a sigh, gaze shifting up as she pressed her lips together.

"I– I don't know how to say this, so I'll just be straight up. I'm not here to give our friendship another chance, Mijin." She admitted in a small mumble.

"I wanted closure. I wanted to end things on a good note, you know?" Hyerin added on, looking up at her friend, whose face was mixed with emotions.

"Are you serious?" Mijin breathed out, sitting up straight almost immediately as she heard Hyerin's confession.

Hyerin nodded, fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt as she tried her best to keep her composure, not wanting to break in front of the girl again.