★ #35 | overwhelmed

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #35 | overwhelmed"you're overwhelmed

#35 | overwhelmed
"you're overwhelmed."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

ballad of a homeschooled girl • olivia rodrigo
"the party's done, and i'm no fun, and now i know."

________________

THE night carried on, swept up in the crowds of the party as music blared through the speakers, colorful lights spinning around the room as the smell of alcohol lingered throughout the packed house.

Ballad of a homeschooled girl by Olivia Rodrigo filled her ears, as she held tightly onto Jay's hand as he guided her through the growing crowd gathering in the living room, leading her to a less crowded area to take a small breather from the growing chaos.

Tangled between the mess of drunken people, couples making out in every corner of the house and fist fights breaking out randomly between strangers was all overwhelming, unable to form coherent thoughts amidst the loud music and people singing  screaming to the lyrics of whatever song was playing.

Finally, pulled into a less crowded area; only a few people standing about in the room as they talked and laughed amongst themselves, occupying lounge chairs and couches set up. Going to a quiet corner, the pair settled more comfortably, tensed bodies relaxed in the presence of one another.

“Better?” Jay questioned, letting out the singular word in a quiet sigh as he subconsciously snaked an arm around her waist, keeping her close as people passed by, wandering about the house.

Hyerin nodded, letting out a breathy laugh as a vague smile rested on her pink lips, colorful lights spinning around the room. “Much better.” She murmured out a reply, hand raising to fan herself. “It’s hot in here.” She commented.

“You're overwhelmed.” He pointed out, gaze fixed intently on her as he reached up and brushed her hair out of her face. “It's gotten quite chaotic, I don't blame you.”

“I'm just not used to it.” Hyerin shrugged it off, eyes wandering around, struggling to meet his intense gaze. “But, I'm fine. I'm having fun.” She added on, tugging the sleeve of her blazer and turtleneck further up her forearms.

“Mhm, I'm glad.” Jay spoke kindly, nodding his head. “Would you like to grab some water?” He asked, as she paused before shaking her head quietly.

“No, it's okay. I'm alright.” She breathed out, rocking back and forth on her feet. Jay narrowed his eyes before humming quietly in response, letting it go for a brief moment as he allowed them time to breathe.