★ #09 | café

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿park jongseong

★ #09 | café
"Lover?"

now playing..

Begin Again (Taylor's Version) , Taylor Swift
"But on a Wednesday, in a café,
I watched it begin again.."

_____

THE soft, familiar chime of the bell hanging above the glass door filled her ears as she lifted her head to be met with the sight of the boy; of which had just entered the warm café, sheltered from the chilly weather provided by the season of autumn.

She watched as his eyes wandered around the building, in search of her as he walked further into the building confusedly. With a quick turn of the head, his gaze eventually met hers as a gentle smile tugged at his lips.

After greeting the barista behind the counter politely, Park Jongseong made his way over to her table; a small breath leaving his lips as he slipped his tan colored trench coat off of his tall frame with ease, draping it neatly over his chair as he seated himself across from her.

"It's nice to see you again." Jay commented, looking at her intently as she hummed quietly in agreement; shifting nervously in her seat as she rested her hands on the tabletop as she ignored the burning of her cheeks.

"Likewise." Hyerin retorted, "I didn't expect to be able to see you after that night, to be honest." She chuckled, gaze drifting down to her fingernails as they drummed in a rhythmic pattern against the wood of the tabletop.

"Is that so?" The boy spoke in a questioning tone, tilting his head to the side as he threaded his fingers through his jet black hair.

"If anything, I honestly expected to hear from you again. I just didn't expect it to be so soon, but I'm happy with it regardless." He admitted, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"Anyway, you were right about this place. The decor is aesthetically pleasing, plus it smells good in here." Jay stated, eyes traveling around the café as the girl hummed.

Hyerin took a deep breath; the sweet smell of coffee and freshly baked pastries filling her senses. "Right? It's one of my favorite places."

"One of?" Jay questioned, quirking a brow. "There's more?" He tilted his head,  watching as  Hyerin nodded quickly in response.

"Mhm. I mean.. there's one other place. That's it. Not much.. in my defense, I don't really go out much. So there's only so many places I can rate based on what I've visited." The girl reasoned, leaning back into her seat as she felt herself grow more and more comfortable with the boy.