★ #13 | checking in

𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
park jongseong

★ #13 | checking in"hey, just checking in

★ #13 | checking in
"hey, just checking in. are
you alright?"

now playing..

bubble gum , clairo
"it's sad, because it just
hurts.."

_____

THE past three days for Min Hyerin had been spent mainly in the silence of her own apartment; nothing but the occasional squeak of the toys she had purchased to keep her puppy entertained filling her ears. Either that, or the ruckus of outdoors barging into the silence.

The girl sat quietly at her desk; the vague sound of keys clicking filling the room as she typed away  at her laptop -- researching for an assignment that was due in a few days from now. Whilst she was sure she'd do fine, it seemed all she could do as of recently was study to distract her from her impending reality.

She sensed an ending to the friendship with the one she had given the term ' best friend ', coming any minute now. She felt drained from the constant arguments; wanting to say so many things but she just couldn't find the proper words needed to voice them out.

Min Hyerin didn't want the treasured friendship to be over. She loved and cared for Oh Mijin, but it felt like it was unrequited. It felt like she was constantly getting thrown around; used to benefit Mijin in all ways that she could.

She was tired, as one would be. The toxicity of it all lingering all throughout her body as it brought a wave of exhaustion over her. Whilst she didn't want it to end, she knew it needed to.

They hadn't even talked once since the argument. And, as if an indirect jab towards Hyerin, Mijin had posted an Instagram story with someone else, tagging their account alongside the word 'bestie'.

Did it hurt to see that? Of course it did. Seeing someone she devoted so much of her time to be able to move on so easily; seemingly finding a replacement for her in less than three days hurt much more than she imagined.

Hyerin sighed, leaning forward and resting her forehead on her desk. The girl closed her eyes, soaking in the silence as she clenched her jaw, unsure of how she was to move forward after recent events. Was she to reach out to Mijin, or leave it be?

It seemed she was always the first to try to salvage the friendship; unless Mijin wanted something -- then she would text first.

The quiet buzzing of her phone filled the room, breaking the silence as the girl puffed up her cheeks before releasing her breath. Her gaze shifted slowly to her phone that lit up with a brand new notification.