𝑾𝒉𝒚? | 𝟏𝟖

It was late when Aizawa opened the door to his room. I had taken my own blankets and Pillows and used the comfortable items to form a makeshift mattress on the ground for me to sleep on. Obviously, I hadn't got any sleep, which was weird, since before all of this sleep was my favorite activity. I guess that nightmare really turned down my sleep drive. Not to say I wasn't tired, I was exhausted, but I couldn't even bring myself to close my eyes and relax for more than a few seconds. So I did what I had been doing a lot of recently, I stared at the wall, stared at the patterns of my comforter, at literally anything. All the while, I felt a weight of my shoulders ,one that could best be described as Anxiety; But for what I didn't know. When Aizawa tiredly tip-toed through the door of his room and his eyes fell on me, his expression instantly became one of worry. "Couldn't sleep, huh?" 

Aizawa's POV

I had spent all night grading papers and dealing with emails from the other teachers about the incident. Nezu had Announced that the students would be taking two days off, to give them some time to process and recuperate from the Attack. It was Around 12am when I went to check on Rio before heading to sleep on the couch to give her space. Heading past her Demolished Room and Quietly opening the door to mine, I found something I did not expect to see. Rio was still up, Staring at the ceiling blankly from the floor. "Couldn't sleep, huh?" She shook her head slightly. I guess tonight really gave her a scare. Sitting on the bed and patting the space beside me, she slowly got up and sat next to me, slouching. I rubbed cicles in her back, in hopes of getting her to relax. After a minute of silence, she finally spoke up, "Why?" 

"Why What?" I asked.

"Why did you defend me back there? Why are you helping me now?"

Wait... Why was I helping her? She could possibly be a villain, I shouldn't care, her issues weren't even my problem. But when I look at her tired eyes, I couldn't help but feel like I needed to help in someway, to make things at least a little better for the tired girl that had been through so much in less than a week.

I paused, formulating a response, "Your just a kid, and you've been through a lot these past few days, And although there's still some—questions about your intentions, Nobody deserves to suffer like," I motion at her appearance, "This."

Getting up and off the bed I gently drag her out of them room. "Where are we going?" Rio asks blankly, following me. I plop her down on the couch. "If you aren't going to be sleeping any time soon, Might as well do something," I respond, grabbing the remote. She smiled softly at me. 

We had ended up watching Disney Movies(I don't own Disney, or its movies obv) , sharing a bowl of popcorn for the films. Around the 4th movie, Rio finally relaxed enough to sleep. She had laid down, resting on my chest as she was bundled in blankets.                                                                          'God dammit I feel like a dad'.                                    

  Rubbing the bridge of my nose, I opened my phone to check any emails or text I might have gotten. As it happens, I had gotten a notification from Nezu. Huh, I wonder what he wanted this late.

———————————————————-  

 Nezu: Hello there, Aizawa.

Aizawa:What do you want.

Nezu: That's no way to treat your boss. 

Nezu: But anyways, You remember those villains that robbed a quirk research facility a few days ago?

 Aizawa: How could I forget, I had to do double the shifts that day.

Nezu: You had informed me that one of the testing subjects had wandered into your apartment.

 Aizawa: Mhm

Nezu: I was wondering if I could pop in to take a look at the creature.

 Aizawa: Yeah, sure. You can come by later today. I'll be here.

Nezu: Great! On another note, how is Miss Rio doing? You had informed the staff that she was dealing with some things after the USJ incident. 

 Aizawa: Yeah, she had a panic attack yesterday when Vlad came in looking for evidence with some other teachers. She finally fell asleep less than an hour ago.

Nezu: I see, want me to bring hound dog along with me? He might be able to help.

 Aizawa: Sure, maybe he can help her sort out her Issues.

Nezu: That and she might reveal something that might help us determine whether she is a  villain or not.

Aizawa: That too.

Nezu: I'll see you around 1, Aizawa. Oh, and I'll bring Tea with me!

Aizawa: great.

The last one was definitely Sarcastic. Sighing, I check the time before Turning my phone off. It was Almost 5am. I set an alarm for an Hour and a half and allow myself to doze off. 

 I was gonna need a lot of coffee later.

Hey guys, Ik that this Chapter was kinda short, but since the other chapters were longer I felt that it was Ok to make a shorter one. Hope you guys liked the Aizawa Fluff!

Love Ya'll :)