𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 | 𝟑𝟏

My eyes lingered on the clock in the waiting room.

There was a strain on my heart. I was forced to choose between two things.  Saving Iida's brother—which is what I originally intended to do—or stay and participate in games.

On one hand, I knew Iida's brother needed saving. He would end up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if I stood by and did nothing. But on the other hand, I scored second on the obstacle course race. I might have a chance at winning and proving that I'm something other than a villain. Not to mention that it was my dream to participate In the festival...

Although my heart was rooting to stay, I knew that Iida's brother was what was more Important. Besides, being a hero is about saving people no matter what. If I don't go and save them, then I am as good as a villain. I let out a sigh.

There's no point in trying to convince others that I'm heroic if I don't act like one."Alright, everyone! The students will be coming out in just a second to participate in the next event." Present Mic exclaims on the intercom.

Our class speeds out of the room, and I'm dragged along out to the field by them. I stumble for a second, attempting to regain my balance after being trampled the whole way here. Bakugo grabs me by the shoulders to steady me. I turn to him and thank him, but he just turns away and grumbles.

Ms. Midnight begins explaining the next activity. My eyes wandered around, looking for something to catch my interest until she was done.

In my Peripheral vision, I spot Iida watching me. He seemed a bit lost in thought, confused too. I guess he was surprised that Bakugo helped me regain my balance.

My eyes wander up to his, and he suddenly realizes that I knew he was looking. He gazes at me embarrassed and uneasy, before sheepishly turning back towards Midnight.

I shoot him a confused glance, then go back to looking at the others. Me and shoji swap glances, and he gives a small wave with one of his many hands. That's when Midnight finishes giving instructions and answering questions.

Everyone scatters to find people to partner up with. Instead, I ran up to where Ms. Midnight was, 

only to find her no longer on the podium.

I needed to find her fast so I could forfeit and Save Tensei, but she was nowhere to be found. I 

sigh in defeat, but suddenly a small chill runs up my spine as I feel something wrap around my legs. Looking down, I find my small purple classmate grabbing onto my thighs. "Mineta, get off—," I shake him off of me, before turning around.

"Hey Rio, would you join my group?" He asks smugly, then continues. "You got second place, 

you're one of the most valuable people anybody could have as a teammate. I've already got two other people in on it, but you'd be the cherry on top. With you, we could be unstoppable."

I tilt my head slightly," Huh, It seems you actually thought this out haven't you..." I mumble. I look back towards the podium. Ms. Midnight was gone, so I didn't have any other choice but to participate. I'd just have to forfeit after this round; hopefully, there would still be enough time to 

rescue Tensei.

Mineta could sense my unease and fell to his knees. "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I'll do anything!" He begs.

"Fine, but two rules. One, Let me lead the group."

"Huh, But I'm the one who started it in the first place."

I nod. "Yeah, but I'm just suggesting that we make it more of a co-leadership. I've seen you, and trust me when I say that you're not the best at strategic planning.

~Rio~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara