𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 | 𝟑𝟎

Hey guys, so a little bit of confusion's been going around. First off, I realized when i first uploaded the post abt the love interest, I forgot to mention that it was for the new book I'm making. Luckily I saw it and fixed it early on, but I just want to clarify that the love interest is for the NEW BOOK, NOT THIS ONE.

Second off, some people were confused as to whether I was discontinuing this book, but don't worry cuz I'm still working on this one, I'll just be making another too!

Finally, After discussing it with some people, I've begun to consider making a love interest for this book as well. So you can either comment on who you want in this chapter, or go back to the last post and let me know who you want there, Just be sure to specify what book you want it for so I don't get confused :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

After Bakugo's snarky speech, Midnight explains the rules of the first event.

"Every year, many students drink their tears here in this event. This year's first game is... An obstacle course race!" I nod my head, recalling the obstacle course that I had seen multiple times on screen. 

"All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium; which is about four kilometers! As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do! Now, take your places everyone." She raises her flags enthusiastically as we walk to our spots on the starting line. As I approach my spot, I notice Midoriya heading to take his place. I decide to wave over to him.

"Hey Midoriya, good luck!" I shoot him a quick thumbs up. He looks a bit apprehensive, but takes the compliment anyway, thanking me and wishing me luck as well. 

Finally, I arrive at my spot, which just so happened to be next to Todoroki. He glances at me, then stops  his stretching to fully rotate his body in my direction. "Rio." he says my name more as a statement than a request.

"Huh? Oh, what is it Todoroki?" I tilt my head towards him.

"It's obvious that there's something you're keeping from us." He pauses in between every few words. "But you aren't a villain, are you?" 

" I am not." I respond slowly.

He steps closer until he towers over my miniscule size. "Then, what exactly are you hiding?" 

I open my mouth to say something, then close it. I wasn't really sure what I would say to that. Todoroki seemed like he was about to pry further, when Midnight interrupted our little conversation by announcing that the game was starting.

"Ok eveyoneone!Ready, Set, Start!" We all rushed through the doorway, which led to a much smaller hall than what it looked to be. Us students were getting cramped, and being short like me was definitely not a helpful attribute to have in this situation. I quickly spring into action to avoid being squished, using my quirk to propel myself upward and fly above the crowd.

 Mineta bounces past me, heading straight for Todoroki, but he quickly is flung out of the air when he crashes into one of the robots. 

Todoroki begins to freeze the giant machines in his way, and I take this as a good moment to speed up and get ahead of the rest of the class. Flying over the villain robots and shooting a quick blast at one of the ones Todoroki missed, I realized that everyone was behind me. Meaning that i was in First Place!

Meanwhile, present Mic and Aizawa, who are serving as commentators for the game, take time to acknowledge everyone's progress.

"Todoroki from Class 1-A! He attacked and defended in one hit! How elegant!"