𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 | 𝟐𝟖

I began trudging out of the classroom, letting a small yawn escape from me. I was still pretty tired regardless of the naps I had taken earlier."Rio, can you come see me for a sec?" My face flips into a frown. I plod back into the room and headed towards Aizawa's desk. "What is it Sensei?" I say, impatience flooding into my words.

Turns out that I would be allowed to participate in the sports festival this year. Aizawa warned me that i should be careful since many heroes were going to be there.

Honestly, I was surprised that I was even allowed to be near the festival. The festival would've been the perfect place for a villain to cause chaos and get a message across. The easiest place to bash UA's image in front of the whole world.

In fact, the more I thought about it, the more it didn't make sense to me. Their 'Interrogation' was never completed, so they still had no idea whether I'm a villain or not. That and the whole break in incident definitely did not draw in their trust.

So Why? My mind was scrambling all over the place to analyze anything that I might have missed; but still, I couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

I thought about asking Mr.Aizawa or Principal Nezu, before I abruptly crashed into somebody. I hit the ground with the thud. I was about to tell the person off for causing me to lose my train of thought, when the individual let out a small gasp only one person I know ever makes. "Crap, sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you!"

Midoriya.

I watch as he mumbles out the words automatically in a frantic motion, then opens his eyes and realizes who he crashed into. "Oh, its you Rio." I could hear him audibly sigh, and he seemed to relax for just a second, before tensing up again. "Sorry, I've got to go. See you in class later!" He dashed off mid-sentence, leaving me to wonder why he was in such a rush.

Did he have something Important to get to, or was he just trying to stay away from me? I shrugged, accepting the possibility that I'd probably never find out and thus I shouldn't worry about it.

Walking outside and taking a seat on one of the nearby benches, I try to mentally prepare myself to be picked up by Aizawa. I was still pretty upset with what he did, labeling me as a villain to everyone before I even arrived— "Oi streetlamp? What are you doing?" Bakugo exclaimed in his usual agitated manner.

"Uhh...Sitting?"

That ticks him off and small explosions erupt from his palms. "Stop playing dumb! I see you trying to make fun of me, and I'm gonna make you regret it!" His voice is raspy and full of arbitrary rage. I stood up in response to his threat. "Look Bakugo, I'm not trying to make fun of you nor am i looking down on you, I acually think you're really cool, so don't suggest either. I'm just...kinda..tired..." I say, shrinking back down onto the bench, curling up and bringing my knees up to my chest. I guess all that think had worn me out, and I let out a small yawn.

Something inside Bakugo seems to change, and suddenly his aggressive demeanor softens. He joins me on the bench, saying nothing. I'd expect him to at least have an annoyed expression, but his face is looking up at the sky instead, and I'm unable to get a good look.

Was he trying to comfort me? If he was, it was very out of character for him. "I appreciate the gesture, but what exactly are you doing?"

Bakugo let out a 'tcch' sound, followed with "I'm trying to help you, calm down idiot! What does it look like?!"

I give him a strange look. This wasn't at all like him, and although I appreciated the gesture, it made my already sluggish brain twist in knots.

Then he sighed. "Look, being a hero means helping everybody right. If I'm gonna be number one, which I will be, then I've got to be available to help, whether I like it or not."

My eyes sparkled as I stared at him in awe. Such an inspirational speech had completely broken me out of my stupor.

Bakugo's face shifted into a frown, then he dutifully exclaimed. "What are you looking at me like that for?"

I let out a chuckle, "nothing Bakugo nuthin'

Ok, so before you guys all come at me for leaving for like a month or two. I wanna apologize, specifically bc I have no excuse other than a massive regression in motivation recently. :/

Welp, this was supposed to be a filler chapter. The nexts ones already all planned out tho so  hopefully I'll get back on track. Sorry about the wait, Love y'all and stay safe! <3