𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 '𝒈𝒐𝒏 𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 | 𝟐𝟗

I had eventually gotten home with Aizawa, though we still weren't talking. I really wanted to forgive him, but no matter how hard I tried the grudge just wouldn't budge. That was all a few nights ago.

This morning, I had woken up early. Today was the day of the sports festival, and After staying up late trying to crack the case of my sports festival privileges, I realized that I should just go with the flow and get hyped up for the event.

I mean, it's bigger than the Olympics itself, and I'm actually allowed to experience it! Who cares what the reason is. As long as I'm cautious, then I should be fine.

Humming a tune as I prepare myself for school, I realized that I was actually in a good mood. It felt so very similar to what I had felt when I had realized that I, a commoner among the thousands who watch anime, had been transferred to the actual flipping word of MHA with many heroes( literally and figuratively). There was absolutely nothing that could ruin this day.

Straightening my tie and making sure my skirt wasn't too high, I check off all of my internal boxes and head out into the kitchen. Aizawa, who glanced at me anxiously, slid me a plate of breakfast.

I ate in silence, not wanting to engage in conversation with the teacher. Recently, every morning he tried to reach out. And although he came humbly, I still couldn't let go of my anger.

Aizawa looked at me as if he wanted to say something, so I took that as my cue to leave and walked over to get my shoes.

The scarfed hero sighed. "Rio..." .

"Save it." Then I mumbled, "Nothings gonna ruin this day."

Once I arrived at school and enter my home room, I could practically feel the excitement bursting in the room. I sat down at my desk, ignoring everybody. I knew that if I talked to somebody, that it would turn that peachy little smile on my face into the grumpiest frown known to man. Nothing was gonna ruin this day, not on my watch.

But sadly the universe was all watching, and Mina had appeared next to me. What luck. "Hey Rio. You're participating in the sports festival right?"

I nod along, determined to get this interaction over with. I try to Feign enthusiasm. "Mhm, let's all try our hardest, ok?"

She smiled enthusiastically, then shouted in agreement, lifting her fists up into the air. Then she went to go to talk to hakugure, and I left out a sigh of relief.

Later, after class, we had gathered in our locker room to get changed for the festival. I was bouncing on the heels of my feet in anticipation. I was about to experience the festival up close and personal, so to say I was excited was the biggest understatement ever.

Momo walks over, chuckling to me about my enthusiasm. "You sure are exited, aren't you Rio."

I sheepishly nod. " I mean, I've only ever seen one on tv, I've never been to one, so being able to actual participate is just so cool."

" I can understand that. Oh, and I wish you luck on the first event!" She waves at me as she walks away. 

Once everyone's done changing, we are guided to the center of the stadium where Midnight is waiting as the chief referee. There were so many people all cramped together, it was kind of unnerving, but my exitement overshadowed my anxiety. 

"Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1-A!"

I sank back into the crowd, trying to prepare myself for the embarrassment that bakugos little speech would cause. I watch him walk up the steps of the podium.

"I pledge, that I'll be number one." This stirred up the rest of the classes and they began to berate him as well as the rest of class A.

Bakugo, not even acknowledging their anger, simply says, " Why are you being so disgraceful? You guys are all just nice bouncy steps for me to jump off and propel myself to the top." After that, he hopped off the steps, and blatantly walked past the crowd. 

I barge right in front of him, making him stop and glance at me. I let out a sigh, "Look, I understand that you want to become the best, and you probably will, but there's no point in making our class look like a bunch of a-holes. If anything it could take away valuable opportunities and resources. No hero agency wants a bunch of arrogant know-it-alls."

"ARE YOU CALLING ME A KNOW-IT-ALL YOU STREETLAMP!?"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. Of course that's what he was worried about. But I kneww tthat bakugo never shows what hes truly, so as long as I can get the trutth into his skull, it won't matter whas comes out of his mouth.

"Not at all Mr.Bakugo. But, having more enemies than friends is never a good thing." I Gesture to all the students shooting glares at Bakugo and the rest of our class. "You're smart bakugo, just at least try to consider what i said." I turn away from him and head towards the podium. 

"oh, and good luck. Not that you'll need it!" I cry out to him, then turn my focus back to whatever the rest of our class was doing. Hopefully, Bakugo actually paid attention to what I said.

Either way, nothing can ruin today. 

...Or so I thought.

Ok, I know i haven't updated in forever. But i have a valid excuse. Actually, I just didn't have the motivation to finish this chapter, BUT that's an excuse enough. BTW, I'm splitting this chapter into two parts. So, you maniacs( I say this with much love <3) will get to find out what i have in store for these next few chapters real soon.

Stay safe you guys, its a scary world out here.