𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕? | 𝟑𝟗

After getting positioned back in the hospital bed, the fatigue washed over me. Having nothing else left to do, I couldn't help but drift off into sleep.

That is until that mess of school faculty barged in.

Vlad king, Power Loader, , Nezu, Mic and Aizawa were all There.

"You have got to be kidding me, what were you thinking Rio!" Aizawa exclaims, and I click my tongue in annoyance.

"I wasn't, I just knew someone was In trouble and I had to help them." I try to seem nonchalant, shrugging passively and laying back in the hospital bed.

"Of course you're saying that, you really think we're all stupid?" Power loader speaks up, his words floating in the air as I scramble for a response.

"I think the better question would be how she knew about it it the first place."  Nezu trudges gracefully towards me. "Well Miss?"

I sigh. There was virtually no way out of this. "I can't tell you, and even I did you would never believe me.

Aizawa and surprisingly: Vlad walk in front of the group. "Try me." They both say Simultaneously, then look to the other in surprise.

I just shake my head, putting it in hands. "No you guys don't understand. I. CAN'T. Tell you."

"And why not?"

I say nothing, there was nothing I could do to take their gaze off of me now.

"I think that's all we needed. If Rio refused to comply, refuses to admit, then we have no choice to assume she was participating in a crime or felony."

"Hold on now, let's not be too hasty here," to my surprise, it's Vlad who speaks up.

"I know about the possibilities, and how serious this all is. But, I know for a fact that she's not in the wrong here."

"What are you saying?" Mic, who I had forgotten even entered, suddenly spoke up. It was a reasonable question. Vlad had always been rooting against me since day 1, now he was suddenly protecting me? It just didn't make sense...

"I'm say that we should make any brash decisions. We don't have any clear evidence, right? Plus,  although she did run away, she did it to save someone who might not be alive today if it wasn't for her. That's what being a hero is about right? She knew the consequences, but she rushing in anyway."

"Vlad's right. Her intentions were pure and she meant no harm, she just wanted to say Ingenium." Power Loader agrees, taking my side.

I can't help but let tears slide past my eyes. since I've gotten her, not one person besides  Aizawa ever defended me. But these people were really coming together in my name. It moved me in ways I couldn't even understand.

"Thank you," I mutter out gratefully.

____________

Eventually, after a lot of back-and-forth with the heroes, they let me go. Now feeling more exhausted than before, I try closing my eyes. After I minute, I grunt out of frustration. Why couldn't I fall asleep if I was desperately tired?

But I knew the answer. My mind was buzzing with questions, ones that I had tried to ignore. With a sigh, I stand up and begin to pace around the room, letting the gears turn in my head.

What comes next?

I couldn't afford to play things emotionally anymore. The show was about to get a lot more dangerous, and that meant more suspicion would be thrown on me.

1st: I'd have to make up with Aizawa, because he was one of my most needed Allies.

2nd: I'd have to distance myself from the students. Not so much that they get suspicious, but enough that their attention is always on me. 

3rd: No matter what, I'd always have to seem like the good guy. If not then it jail for me.

I chuckle as a thought runs through my head. I wonder what sentance being a villain spy infiltrating a school for kids wanting to be heroes would get?

Just then, the door slams open, and I jump at the sudden noise. 

"I'm terribly sorry to disturb you Rio, I had no intent to scare you." It was Iida. He bows in respect, and I return with a small one of my own

"Don't worry, you're good."

"Uhm, were you—pacing?"

I lean against the hospital bed, remembering the plan I had formulated. "Well, yeah. I've got a lot on my mind in recent days, y'know?"

"Completely understandable. Um, I know you were forced to leave before my mom arrived, and I'm pretty sure the hospital hasn't supplied you with food yet, so I brought you these."

He gestures to the black plastic box he was holding and hands them to me. "They're sushi rolls."

"Geez, thanks Iida, I don't think I've actually eaten in days."

"Yeah, no worries. As class Rep it is my sworn duty to make sure every one of my fellow classmates is accounted for and taken care of; that includes you Rio."

"Well, it was really sweet of you." I open the box, grabbing the chopsticks and begin to munch on the food he brought me.

"Also, thank you." 

I turn my head, confused. "For what exactly?"

"I-I was rude and ungrateful earlier, and I apologize for that. You saved my brother from a horrible fate, and for that I offer you my absolute gratitude." He bows, and my hands sheepishly move in a shaking motion.

"No Iida it's fine, you don't have to bow of anything." 

He gets up and dusts off his clothes. "I suppose not, but know that I'm forever in your debt."

I nod in response, noting how the extreme hunger I hadn't even known I was feeling slowly dissipated with each bite.

"By the way Rio, If you ever need to talk, I'm here. You might not think so because of the uhm—glares I've given you in the past—but now, I truly do believe you are misunderstood person with noble intentions."

His words—although seeming genuine—angered me. That's exactly what everyone else has told me, but all they really wanted was Info. Evidence. 

Regardless, I try to remain calm and bubbly. "For sure Iida, Thanks for trusting me."

With that, he leaves, and I'm left alone with nothing but the faint buzzing of the hospital machines.