𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈? | 𝟐𝟓

"Mic! Why did you turn off the lights?" One of the teachers whisper-shouts. "Well, Interrogations are always more intense when the lights are off." He defends, crossing his arms. After a few seconds, they pull out a lamp, Shining it in my face as if they wanted to blind me. The detective moves it out of my face, to which I thank him. My gratitude is quickly replaced by anxiety. The fact that they did all of this just to interrogate me was unsettling...

———————————————————-

"The teachers and I have discussed several things about you,and we've finally decided we need answers." Answers? But what kind of answers did they want? And why go through all this trouble just for an explanation?

It was clear that I was spiraling, but I needed to keep a clear head. I took a breathe to ease my anxieties. "What exactly do you wanna know?"

"Everything."

Tsukauchi asked me a multitude of questions, ranging from my USJ experience to my quirks. I didn't see the point init. Ihad already given him the rundown on these things before. It was as if he was double checking, but this time he was pressing for more details.

"Now, we're going to need to ask you some more personal questions." I bob my head in response.

"You said you hadn't known what your quirk was. Why was that?"

"Why didn't I know what my quirk was?" I repeat nervously, trying to stall long enough for me to form a response. There was nothing I could tell him that would suffice as an explanation. Maybe if I just played it off like Ididn't understand...

"Well, I never used it before." I shrug, trying to seem nonchalant. Hopefully that would be enough of an answer and he'd move on.

His eyes narrowed. I guess it wasn't a good enough answer for him. "Yes, I understand that, but why did you never use it." He says with gritted teeth. It seems like he was starting to get annoyed with my dodging.

I open my mouth to evade the question, when suddenly the lamp turns off. Tsukauchi tries to turn on the lamp, but the light stays off.

At first I thought it was no biggie, that the lightbulb might've just blown a fuse or something. But then Nezu goes to turnon the room light, but the flick of the switch still leaves us in darkness. Some of the teachers start to panic, causing me to do the same. I get up from my seat and try to investigate the situation; but I couldn't see anything due to the absence of light in the room.

Wait The a sense of light. My quirk! I activate my power, letting the marks on my body glow. My eyes adjust to see Vlad up in my face, a scowl evident on his face.

"YOU. You shut the lights off."

I shake my hands nervously. Of course he blamed me for this. "I haven't done anything. And it can't of been my quirk because I haven't used it." I spout a response, but it's obvious he still has some doubts. Like many doubts. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only thing he could feel.

"It wasn't her." Nezu interjects, with his computer in hand. "It doesn't work, and since she doesn't have a tech ability, it couldn't have been her. Something serious is going on."

Just as he says that, the lights turn back on, along with everything else that had been shut off.

And something else had been activated that was a huge reason for concern...

Sirens blared in the school, signaling an attack. Nezu uses his laptop to check the security cams, but finds nothing. "It doesn't make sense, nobody's here...Unless the villain's quirk provides transparency!"