Theories & Discussion- Slenderman

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

Do not go into my comment section and start acting like you know them personally. I'll delete your comment (or laugh at you). Discussion and theories of your own are alright!

Yeahhhh, if you do this i'm gonna karate chop you with the knowledge of a thousand suns and block you. Thanks <3 - Brinlee

Also the story of Der Großmann isn't real and was made up to go along with the Slenderman mythos. It's not a real German myth.

Appearance/Info

In his canon creation, AKA the photoshop contest photos, he appears wearing a suit. He has tentacles in one but not in the other. That probably means he can extend and retract them at will. He's faceless and tall, probably standing around 7 feet.

Traits

He has no canon personality traits. Photos were created of him but he has no official origin story from his creator.

Motive

A caption under one of the photoshopped photos made by his creator says this: "One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence."

I have a theory that his motive may be kidnapping children to mold into proxies, which I'll get into in the proxies section. I also have a theory about the library fire which I will get into in the theories section.

Proxies

I have some opinions here that might hurt a few people's feelings. Are you young and depressed? Do you have multiple mental illnesses? Then he doesn't want you, and he doesn't care about you either. He doesn't watch you or stalk you. Imagine you're a strong supernatural being, right? You want people to work for you and get the job done. Who do you pick? A depressed teenager who spends all day on the internet and is too afraid to ask the waiter for more water? Or a strong individual who's got a good head on their shoulders and can get any job done with ease? I think the choice is obvious. It doesn't matter if you do martial arts or take self defense classes or know how to shoot a gun. Millions of people do, that doesn't mean they have the qualities he wants. Sure, maybe he tests you if he thinks there's something promising. (This is assuming he's real, which he isn't. I'm speaking hypothetically.) But I guarantee nearly no one on Quotev is being picked or tested. If anything, there are other entities playing around, tricking people for fun or for some sort of gain. Now I'm not saying having a mental illness immediately disqualifies you, but I do think a mentally healthy proxy would work best. I'll get into this more in the proxies section of Operator's chapter. I also touched on some of this in Toby's chapter.

It still boggles my mind that people STILL write about him as if he's real. Like bro it's not 2016 anymore can WE STOP. - Brinlee

Now, what about Ticci Toby? He's a mentally ill teenager, so what makes him so special? That's easy. He can't feel pain, as is stated in his origin story. It's probably a rough job to be a proxy, not being able to feel pain would help greatly. He probably had other promising qualities as well that weren't touched on in the story. I hope my mentioning of this doesn't spur any of you to comment something dumb, like how high your pain tolerance is. I don't care, and I'm sure Slenderman wouldn't either. A high pain tolerance isn't that rare, and it isn't enough to make anyone want to recruit you.