Theories and Discussion- The Puppeteer

*TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of suicide*

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

I actually really like this story, he's one of my favorite Creepypastas. I managed to collect a lot of canon information from the writer's DeviantArt so there's a lot of info to go over.

Appearance/Info

As a human, his name was Jonathan Blake. He had brown hair and grayish brown eyes. He weighed 173 pounds, but he became weightless as a ghost. He was 6'3, something that stayed the same upon becoming Puppeteer. The Puppeteer is described as dressing in all black. He wears a black hat, jacket, etc. The skin on his arms changed to wood, as if he's slowly turning into a puppet himself. His eyes and mouth are a golden yellow, starkly contrasting his dark clothes and gray skin. If angered, the gold color in his eyes is tinged with red. If weakened, it's more faint.

The same rules apply to the strings he uses which he can materialize out of his fingertips. His strings can cut through flesh but not metal, wood or anything else. The strings are made of golden ectoplasm, same as his insides. Due to this fact, he can create strings from anywhere, not just his fingers. His strings are sturdy, able to support around 440 pounds. They can stretch out to around 50 feet. They're difficult to break but they can be broken. If they do, he feels pain.

Back on the topic of ectoplasm, his ectoplasm turns black after a short while, staining anything it touches. It's virtually impossible to remove, which is why he has permanent black tear stains running down his cheeks.

He was born in Yulee, Florida on July 25th, 1974. He spoke both English and Spanish due to being Caucasian/Hispanic. He was the oldest of multiple siblings, so naturally he often took care of his younger siblings. Upon entering high school, he joined the theater club. He worked for a pizza place and additionally as a paper boy. He got a girlfriend but things ended and he went off the deep end. He commit suicide through hanging on November 30th 1994.

He tries to forget his past life, remembering can send him into a confused and angry state. He doesn't respond to his human name, asking who that is upon someone calling him that. He's got a couple of key weaknesses upon becoming a ghost. Salt is a minor weakness, exorcisms and religious items are much more effective. He's light sensitive, so usually he prefers to be active at night. When he's active, he's most commonly in a transparent form. It takes less energy to appear this way. When he needs to grab something or kill someone, he manifests physically for a short time.

He is unable to teleport, and morphing through solid objects takes a lot of energy and effort. Instead, he just walks or floats around to wherever he needs to go.

Oh and one last thing, he's said to smell wet. Like tea that has been left in water too long.

Traits

Before taking his own life and reawakening as a vengeful spirit, the Puppeteer had a relatively calm life. He was introverted but managed just fine despite this. One thing led to another and he ended up becoming extremely reclusive after his breakup.

After his transformation and newfound hobby of turning people into puppets, he became extremely manipulative, predatory and remorseless. He's very persuasive.

On the upside, he gained a lot of patience. How he uses this patience, however, is not as positive. /:

As a human he had long term depression, ADD, and BPD. As a ghost, he's got narcissistic personality disorder and ASPD. Specifically, he's a sociopath. He views himself as incapable of loving but he does love Emra (his ex girlfriend that he turned into a living doll), and he seems to care for the friends he has, so this isn't really true.