Theories and Discussion Multichapter- The Creatures

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

Contents:

Widemouth

BOB

Seed Eater

Widemouth Appearance/Info

Widemouth is compared to a furby. He's a fuzzy little brown creature with an extremely wide smile and crooked ears. The protagonist describes everything about him as large in comparison to his little body. No one but the little boy in the story sees him but I think he could be seen if he allowed himself to. Every time the boy's parents come near, Widemouth hides under the bed. He wouldn't need to do this if the parents were unable to see him.

The story starts with a young boy sick and bedridden with mono. His family was in the process of moving out so his room was empty for the most part. As he lay sick, Widemouth appeared and befriended him. Widemouth read his books and talked with the boy, but it seemed that after awhile the books and conversation no longer entertained him. Widemouth began to encourage the boy to do dangerous things in the name of 'fun', but the boy knew something was amiss and refused.

One thing Widemouth asked the boy to do was jump out a window. He said to pretend there was a trampoline and fly back up using the PoWeR oF iMaGiNaTiOn. He also tried to get him to juggle knives. Widemouth never did the tricks himself, he only tried to goad the boy into doing them. He'd get upset and refused to come out or talk for the rest of the day when the boy didn't do as he said. (Never trust a furby, guys.) He began to get more pushy and woke the boy up multiple times in the night, telling him he'd put a real trampoline under the window that he couldn't see since it was dark. This didn't work, obviously.

Later when the boy was feeling a little better, Widemouth led him down a trail and told him that further down was a place he took all his friends. He said he couldn't take the boy there yet but he hoped to one day.

The boy eventually moved out with his family, not telling Mr. Widemouth that he was leaving. He watched from the car window as Widemouth waved pitifully at him from a window in the house, a steak knife in his hand.

The boy went back many years later to find the house burnt down. He remembered Widemouth and suspected he was gone, tied to the house that was no longer there. He went down the trail Widemouth had led him down and found where he had wanted to take him. It was a graveyard, and many of the graves belonged to children.

I REGRET EVER WANTING A FURBY AS A KID. I THINK I DID ACTUALLY HAVE ONE AND I HATED IT, CAUSE IT'D TALK AT RANDOM TIMES. NEVER GET A FUCKING FURBY, LISTEN TO ARK. - Brinlee

Widemouth Traits

He appeared to be mature and friendly to the boy, convincing him all the things he wanted him to do were fun games that weren't dangerous at all. As the boy refused he got more and more persistent, but he never lost his temper. He did act childishly though, refusing to come out and talk when he didn't get his way.

Manipulative and cunning >:( - Brinlee

Widemouth Motive

He claimed it was for fun but I suspect he just wanted the souls of the children or something weird like that.