Theories and Discussion- Russian Sleep Experiment

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

I just went back and deleted the section on Der Großmann in my Slenderman chapter cause I found out it isn't real and I don't wanna spread misinformation. Just letting you know! It was (probably) made up to go along with the Slenderman mythos. It's not a real German myth.

This chapter will have a different format than the rest since it covers multiple individuals undergoing the same phenomenon. Other chapters such as Lavender Town and Candle Cove will also follow this format.

The creepypasta is exactly what it sounds like: A Russian sleep experiment. This is NOT a real event, it's all fabricated. In the late 1940s, the Russians were said to have performed the aforementioned experiment on five individuals deemed enemies of the state. They were political prisoners. The prisoners were promised freedom upon the completion of the experiment, but they were lied to. The Russians locked the subjects in a room that contained a stimulant gas to keep them awake, also making sure to carefully monitor their oxygen intake. The room had five microphones, multiple five inch thick portholes with two way mirrors to look at the subjects through, cots with no bedding, running water, a toilet, dried food, and books.

For the first five days the subjects talked about increasingly dark subject matters, such as what traumatic events led to them being there. On day five, all subjects began feeling paranoid and stopped talking to one another. They whispered into the microphones trying to sell out their fellow subjects to gain the trust of the experimenters. Soon, two of the subjects began screaming. One of them actually tore their vocal cords, being unable to make a noise louder than a small squeak. The prisoners who weren't screaming didn't react to those who were. Instead, they quietly tore up some of the books in the room and plastered the pages over the portholes using their own, um, stuff. Let's just say the toilet likely didn't see much use. When the windows were fully covered, the screaming stopped. The room went completely silent for days but the oxygen intake of all the prisoners was high, almost like they were doing strenuous exercise all day. (They were fucking, I'm calling it.) Then on the fourteenth day, the experimenters decided to check on the subjects due to prolonged silence. They came over the microphones and said "We are opening the chamber to test the microphones; step away from the door and lie flat on the floor or you will be shot. Compliance will earn one of you your immediate freedom."

The only response they received was one of the subjects saying "We no longer want to be freed." in a calm voice.

They didn't go in immediately and instead decided to go in on midnight of the fifteenth day. When the gas was removed from the room, two subjects begged for the gas to be turned back on. They didn't turn it back on and when they went in the room they discovered no food was touched past day five. Guess what else they discovered! One of the subjects was dead, their flesh torn off and stuffed into the drain. Four inches of water covered the floor of the room, but it was red with blood. All of the subjects had flesh missing and it was determined they tore it off by themselves since their fingers were worn down to the bone. Their stomachs were torn open, all organs below their ribs removed and placed on the floor, still attached to their body. They shouldn't have survived that blood loss, not to mention the infections, but plot armor. Their intestines were seen digesting food even though they weren't in their stomach cavities where they should be. (Hey fun fact about stomach cavities, I've had my hand inside a stomach before. Cause I killed a guy and I'm super edgy and I work for Slenderman. No I'm just kidding, I was in a college lab where they had organs in this really gross smelling fluid. It looked like chicken broth, the color was a nasty cloudy yellow. I don't remember what class it was for, it was actually a field trip that brought me to the college. It happened when I was eight I think? I'm twenty two now, for reference. We had a college next to the elementary school so we walked to it for the trip. Why did they think bringing a bunch of eight year olds to a room full of preserved organs was a good idea for a field trip? No clue. I remember there were also preserved pig bodies and stuff, but we couldn't touch those. Just the organs in the buckets of fluid. Imagine dying and donating your organs to science only for an eight year old to fuck around and fist your stomach. We had gloves on of course, but the teacher called me out SPECIFICALLY to wash my hands especially well cause she saw me messing with the organs more than the other kids. It was a fun and interesting experience and learning opportunity but STILL, highly inappropriate for second graders. I'm not complaining though, I had fun. Definitely wouldn't fist another stomach though, that's just disrespectful. I really wish I hadn't done that but eight year old me was kinda feral. OK END OF STORY.) They hadn't touched the food as I said, so what they were digesting was their own flesh. They picked off pieces of themselves and ate it. I have a theory as to why they did this that I'll get into later.