Theories and Discussion- Kagekao

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

Appearance/Info

His name means Shadow Face, his author stated demons are named after their features. His mother was named after her pale skin and his father was named after his sharp claws. They gave him his name because when he was happy, his eyes would emit white light. When he was unhappy, they seemed to suck in all the light and leave only shadow.

His hair is black and his eyes are silver. They're lighter silver when he's in a good mood but darker when not. It was hard to find his height but in a comment his creator said he'd be around 6 feet. His canon age is 21 though there are stories with him being younger.

He wears a mask made by a shinigami that contains his own blood, making him the only one able to see through it. Since his parents share his DNA they may be able to see through it a bit, but not as well as Kagekao. One half of the mask is white and the other is black. Depending on his emotions, one or both sides will show an expression in the opposite color. For example, if he's happy, the white side may show a smile in black. The black side may appear blank or with a white smile to complete the other side's smile. One side can smile while the other frowns. If his emotions are mixed or he's unsure of how to feel, the expression may look a bit gray, but the sides of the mask will remain black and white. The black and white sides can switch. Despite him usually wearing his mask at all times, he doesn't seem shy to take it off. He's taken it, as well as his hoodie and scarf off, putting them on a victim so his other victim would think it was him and kill him. This stunt worked and he retrieved his clothing and mask from the body and put them back on in front of the other horrified victim.

He has black claws on both his hands and his feet and he's able to retract them at will. He uses them to attack victims and to climb things with ease. Though hardly any of his face has ever been shown, it appears that he has some facial scarring and sharp teeth. His skin is gray and the skin on his neck is darker than his face and the rest of his body.

As for his backstory, Kagekao grows up relatively normal, learning to master his abilities with the help of his parents while living in a small shack in the woods of Japan. When it was discovered his mother was pregnant with him, her and his father moved into the shack to be more secluded since they worried shinigami may try to kill him. His parents occasionally take him to the city, and one night while out with his mother as his father hunted, they came across his father being hurt by a shinigami. His father had half his face and an eye gone but he miraculously survived. The shinigami was killed, but it came back as they're unable to die permanently. The shinigami is then attacked by a young Kagekao in his anger at him for hurting his father. This feud continues and after multiple fights and near-death experiences at the hands of the shinigami, Kagekao's parents come up with a plan to protect him.

His father travels to a shinigami friend of his and has him craft a mask from Kagekao's blood. He returns with it and they take Kagekao to an abandoned building in the city. His mother gave him the black and white scarf he currently wears before they left. They tell him to always wear the mask and then knock him out, erasing his memory of them. Kagekao is ten when this happens and he grows up with no memory of his parents. The shinigami who plagued the family goes by their house to attack Kagekao since most of his grudge was toward him for taking out his eye, but his parents lie and say Kagekao had died of the injuries the shinigami left him with. Their genuine distress led the shinigami to believe them and he left.

Kagekao, with no memory and only his mask to protect his identity, runs into the shinigami one day as he kills a victim. Not recognizing Kagekao with his mask, he doesn't attack and only tells him to stay out of his way. Kagekao does, following as he kills more, but he touches the shinigami's mask in curiosity which causes the shinigami to reach over and hit his own mask. At the impact, his mask falls slightly and reveals an eye and part of his mouth. The shinigami recognizes him and attacks, but Kagekao is confused as to why until the shinigami mentions his parents. Though he has no memory of them he knows he has them and is curious as to who/where they are. They fight and the shinigami loses, but he decided to tell Kagekao he killed his parents, smiling mockingly. Whether or not he did is up to the reader, but it's implied that he only said this to hurt Kagekao. He teases Kagekao about it whenever he's accused of murdering his parents, saying things like "Did I?"

Creepypasta Research JournalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara