Theories and Discussion- Ticci Toby

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

Toby is no longer a creepypasta, his creator wants to separate himself and his character from the fandom. Toby still exists as an oc but he is entirely separate from creepypasta. I'll list the old Toby's info as well as some of his new information. The creator doesn't mind people writing about him as long as credit is given and they are respectful of the fact that he no longer wants Toby as a creep.

Oh and btw, the creator has stated he does not like people shipping Toby anymore. He also dislikes the waffle jokes. Be respectful of this, please.

Old Appearance/Info

This is coming from his most recently-updated information before he was removed from the fandom, so don't comment something about how he's a hyperactive young boy with ADHD. His full name is Toby (not Tobias) Erin Rogers. He's in his twenties, is 5'6, and was born on April 28th in Denver, Colorado. He's of German descent. His eyes are foggy, almost like he has cataracts, and he has a bit of facial hair. He also has some of his teeth and gums exposed on one side of his mouth. It's unknown how he received this wound.

He became Slenderman's proxy after a long list of events. Before becoming a proxy, he grew up with many different disorders that caused him to have a hard time in school. These disorders were CIPA, schizophrenia, and Tourette's. CIPA is congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis, which essentially means he doesn't feel pain or temperatures. This does not mean he's immune to being hurt, he just doesn't feel when he is. As for his Tourette's, his most commonly talked about tic is the one that causes him to violently pop his neck. However, his creator has listed him with another that I've never seen anyone discuss. He has a tic that causes him to bend over backwards. He was bullied frequently due to his disorders so he was switched to homeschooling. He grew up with nearly no friends, and he lived with his mother and sister. His father was a drug addict, gambling addict, and an alcoholic who was hardly at home. When he was, he was abusive.

At 17, Toby was in a car accident with his older sister that ended in her death. After this his problems worsened, he developed PTSD, and he'd chew the skin off his fingers in stress. During this time, Slenderman would show up frequently, doing nothing but staring and infiltrating dreams/mind. (Yes, I know he has no eyes to stare with, you know what I mean.) He was essentially haunting Toby, driving him closer and closer to insanity.

When Toby's father finally caused him to snap, he murdered him and stole his hatchets from the garage. While trying to escape the police, he set his entire neighborhood on fire. With the fire surrounding him from all angles, he came close to death and began to accept it. Shortly before he blacked out, Slenderman appeared and saved him from the fire. When he awoke, he had absolutely no memory of his former life. He's an amnesiac. This is something people often forget as many seem to think he remembers everything that happened to him. Another thing people often forget is he does not have ADHD. He is described as hyper, but this can stem from things other than ADHD.

Old Traits

He isn't playful and childish as many portray him. Instead, his creator describes him as sarcastic and obnoxious. His sense of humor is dark and he's sadistic, finding other people's pain funny. Despite this, he doesn't like to see those he's fond of hurt.

He's irresponsible and pretends to have things under control when in reality he often flakes on the things he says he'll do. He procrastinates everything. He heavily relies on Slenderman and tries hard to impress him. He often tries to make other proxies look bad in his attempts, though. This is due to his jealousy of Masky since he's the favorite proxy. (I know in Marble Hornets Masky isn't a proxy, nor is he affiliated with Slenderman. In Toby's canon, though, he is.)

Though he is not bipolar, his moods have been described this way. (I know this is harmful to the bipolar community so I will not describe his moods using that word.) He can go from happy to violent to sad in seconds, and he acts as if he has split personalities. He hardly ever sleeps which likely contributes heavily to his severe moodswings.

In addition to having moodswings, he loses control of his emotions often. He's described as 'crazy', delusional and dumb by his creator, but these are likely just words used to clarify the fact that he is unstable and a bit reckless/thoughtless at times.

He is hyper and fast paced, and he is capable of being friendly to certain people. On top of all of this, he's described as being a naturally born trouble-maker. Overall he just sounds like a handful.

Old Motive

His motive seemed to be entirely based on serving Slenderman. His own violent impulses also likely played a part.

Before meeting Slenderman, his only motive was revenge on his father. He almost didn't do it, but when voices spoke into his head, he went into an idle state and murdered him. It was as if he was possessed, and he was never shown snapping out of this state. As such, I think it's safe to say Slenderman has a hold over his mind and this is his motive.

Theories on old Toby

I think most of Toby's mood issues may stem from his lack of sleep and possession by Slenderman. Sleep deprivation has an extremely negative effect on the body and mind, especially when it's constant. Also, he has amnesia, but this doesn't mean the issues caused by past traumas disappeared. I think he'd still have triggers and pent up anger. Not knowing what causes these things is probably extremely frustrating for him and worsens his symptoms drastically. If released from Slenderman's influence and given appropriate psychiatric help, I think it's extremely likely he could bounce back. I don't think he'd ever be the same, as his former life most definitely gave him permanent issues, but he was only a murderer when in a seemingly Slenderman-induced trance. Before put in the trance, he resisted the urge to kill his father. Without Slenderman as a driving force, I do think he has a shot at being a normal human with a couple of mental issues. These can be worked through with medication and therapy, as well as being back with his mother.

I think Toby's entire downfall was orchestrated by Slenderman. (This is an opinion, all of these are, don't attack me.) Slenderman haunts Toby in this story, but only after Lyra dies. However, I don't think this means he only showed up after this event. I think he was there before, but chose to show himself at an opportune moment.

I think Slenderman may have taken an interest in Toby due to his inability to feel pain and his mental vulnerability that could be used to mold him. If he could be appropriately molded, he'd make a good proxy. With this in mind, I think he caused the accident to push Toby closer to insanity. Then, while his father was in the house making Toby extra sensitive, he made his move. He infiltrated his dreams and showed him horrible things, as well as making him hallucinate while awake. Then, the final push was speaking into his mind to convince him to kill his father. When Toby gave up control of his body, Slenderman took it and made him commit murder. With Toby now fully under his control, he took him and used him as a proxy.

I really believe that Lyra dying could've been a test from Slenderman, just to see how Toby would react. Or, since Toby already had relying issues beforehand, he took advantage of that and psychologically baited him into becoming susceptible to his control. It already looks like Slenderman has lots of abilities. So why would he go through the trouble to make Toby go through all of that? I personally think it could've been to convince Toby. To make him FULLY mentally believe that he needed to be his proxy. Slenderman obviously wouldn't find use of him if he kept running away. So, he might've used the long damaging approach to get to his head. Just to make him loyal, and to not go through the extra hassle of forcing him to be a proxy. - Brinlee

New Toby

Nothing exists on the new Toby except for photos. Keep in mind, this Toby is NOT a creepypasta. He is an oc. Photos can be seen on the creator's Twitter which I linked on Quotev.