Theories and Discussion- Jane the Killer (Jane Richardson)

*TRIGGER WARNING: Brief mentions of SA (sexual assault)*

*To see the author credits, full origin story, and fanart credits for any chapter, click on the external link. It will take you to the chapter on Quotev. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll find everything linked.*

Jane Richardson is the original Jane the Killer, but a version named Jane Arkensaw was made more popular and the creator of Jane Richardson didn't really like this. As a result, she remade Jane's story and inserted Arkensaw into it as a really poorly written cliché character. Her whole character was essentially just a slutty try-hard. I'm not slut shaming by the way. I have no problem with that sort of thing in real life, but in the story, Arkensaw is really horribly written and it's hard to read. There's a hallway scene where she tries to force herself on a guy and she has really disgusting dialogue during the event. I prefer the story of Jane Arkensaw to Jane Richardson (even though I like Richardson's concept more) because Richardson's story and lore are honestly very hard to get through without wincing/cringing. It's not well written and she's a completely overpowered Mary-Sue who kinda comes off as a self-insert.

Appearance/Info

Prior to receiving an injection of a substance called Liquid Hate, Jane had blonde hair and blue eyes. After her injection, her eyes turned completely black, as did her hair. Her eyes glow in the dark after her transformation, and her skin lost all color and turned a pale gray. (I'm not really sure how black eyes would glow in the dark, but-) She was born in 1985, so she's somewhere in her thirties as of right now.

Jane grew up a normal girl and became part of a metal band after high school. Another girl named Jane Arkensaw constantly tried to one up Jane and prove herself as superior, but Jane didn't take well to it. Upon returning to school to perform after she'd already graduated, she beat Arkensaw up. Then, after the concert, Jane and her girlfriend Mary leave and end up eating dinner with Jane's parents and younger sister Jessie. Jane and Mary ask permission to get married which everyone agrees to.

I understand my earlier statements on Jane's story were harsh, but one of the reasons is because of scenes that were written in poor taste. Two of these scenes happen during dinner. In one, Mary says something to Jane's father along the lines of "Jane got her traits from you, she's a good cook and a good kisser. Not that I know what you kiss like."

The other scene comes after that comment. They're all joking around and Jane's father says his first kiss was one of his teachers. Both of these parts are extremely unnecessary, but they aren't the only scenes written with poor judgement. There are many other scenes throughout the story that ruin it. You'd have to read it for yourself to really see. I usually try not to let my bias shine through in my writing, and I will continue to do so, but I really wanted to share my opinion here as I have a hard time accepting Jane Richardson as the canon Jane due to how bad the writing is. Anyway, back to Jane.

After the dinner scene her parents and little sister go back to their own home where they have a run-in with Jeff the Killer, an escaped mental patient. His full name in this story is Jeffrey Williams Keaton. He kills Jane and Jessie's parents, but Jane arrives in time to stop him from killing Jessie. Both are almost killed until the police arrive and Jeff flees with the promise to come back. He doesn't, really. Despite being a killer created to kill Jeffrey, Jeff hardly plays a part in her story.

Some time later Jane sees a paper offering a lot of money for blood, and she goes to donate to help make ends meet. Her blood is found to be a rare type and she's offered a lot more money to come back. She does and is taken to a government facility where they decide to inject her with a purple serum called Liquid Hate. The government was having a hard time catching Jeff so they made the serum to create a super soldier in order to kill him. Other subjects failed but since Jane has a rare blood type, they think there's a chance she'll live.